An easier way of moving stories into collections would be good

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
An easier way of moving stories into collections would be good

At the moment I have to go through One Thousand Two Hundred and Forty One stories, click on edit for each one, wait for the editing page to come up, scroll down to where it says "Which of your collections should this go in?" click on a collection and then save and wait for it to save. This is a very slow, laborious, time consuming process. I wish that there was an easier way of moving stories into collections like the 'drag and drop' method by which I put Word documents into folders.

Hi there, just returned after a long absence to read LisaH's brilliant 'Elusive cure' and post up the start of my novel. However, I have created a collection for the novel, but it doesn't show up at as a choice so I can't put chapters into it. Do new collections take a while to show? Or am I doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Juliet

Hi well-wisher, Yes, there's another way of moving stories into collections, which is faster I think: Is the other way around, instead of editing the story and selecting the collection, try to edit the collection and tick all the stories that should go in.

Thanks for the response. However, when I click edit the collection (The Replacement Wife), underneath all the short stories are clumped together over and over again, and the two new chapters I have just uploaded don't appear at all. No worries. Maybe it will right itself.

Juliet

Thanks, Admin. I will give that a try.