Unanswered queries

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unanswered queries

There seem to be quite a few readers' questions which are unanswered.

Where are they to be found Liugi?

Here are two examples:

1) http://www.abctales.com/forum/wed-2013-10-23-1142/abc-prose-pentathlon-2...

Ed Crane

Ed Crane's picture

ABC prose Pentathlon 2013 book?

Have I missed something? I don't see anything about the book John Wilks was preparing.

2) http://www.abctales.com/forum/sat-2013-10-12-1319/new-book-release-free
Mon, 2013-10-14 17:46

luigi_pagano
luigi_pagano's picture

As we are on the subject of links, can anyone enlighten me on how to use the 'Linkit'?

Sorry, don't know anything about 'Linkit' Luigi.  

As for the other stuff I can't help there either; but someone who can will no doubt see the queeries and be along soon with the information requested.

Hey Luigi,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to respond to Ed's question about the Pentathlon 2013. I haven't heard anything about such a collection yet, but I am investigating. Have you submitted work for this collection? If you have any details or information about it, please let me know and it will help me to get to the bottom of it.

As for the Linkit question, I'm afraid I didn't see your comment on the forum until now! 

Linkit is a way of adding links to your posts and comments on ABC. The linkit button is the chain with a plus at the top of all writing boxes. If I wanted to add a link to our Facebook account, for example, I'd highlight the word Facebook, click the linkit button and drop the url of our facebook account into the 'target path' bar and click insert link (as above). Now you should be able to click facebook and be redirected to the ABC facebook page.

The other bar, 'search content', allows you to search ABC for previous posts, in case you don't know their url. Say if I'm looking for a story about bananas, I'll highlight banana, search the word 'banana' and choose the relevant story (in this case, let's go for 'a portrait of the artist as a banana'). It's just another way of adding a link.

If you have any other questions the best thing to do is write directly to me: luke@abctales.com, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also use the 'Contact Us' link on the bottom right of any page.

I hope that helps!

Luke

Thanks Luke. As far as the Prose Pentathlon Anthology is concerned, it was an intiative of John Wilks (wilkybarkid) following the end of the Pentathlon sometime in March. Oddily all the entries and results have disappeared from the Forum and cannot find any trace of John Wilks on ABC. I may have had one entry that would have qualified for inclusion in the Anthology but can't really remember.

Glad that helped, Luigi.

From what I can tell John Wilks has deactivated his ABC account, so if he was in charge of the anthology that may be bad news. I've gotten in touch with Tony, who may have John's contact information. As there is nothing else definite about a 2013 anthology in the forum as of now, I can't say anything more now.

Let's hope for the best.