alcohol, and lashings of it,

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
alcohol, and lashings of it,

preferably something with wormwood in it.

make sure you have a hallucination before trying to write, i find that it brings out the best in me, and also provides for tragic early end to my poetic radiance.

there you are, built in catalyst and entropy!

yours, tongue in cheek, oranj

Anonymous's picture
spelling bee
Anonymous's picture
!
the man whose h...
Anonymous's picture
tragic early end enhances work immeasurably. maximum impact when such end is self-induced. no longer radiant. doom. pathos. new attraction.
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
mmmmm ... very laconic ...
i love richardw...
Anonymous's picture
yeah, rapid disintegration man. defunct bohemian injection, death by kraftwerk. long live the new flesh!
muzzy
Anonymous's picture
HIC HIC I know were ya comming from
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Well this is a strange discussion, what the hell you guys on, and I'm surprised to find you in here Ivy, it seems to be a house of ill repute!
the tragically ...
Anonymous's picture
square new puritans are requisite...but our inherent worth shows you only ambivalence the cult becomes cred!
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Right, I'm outta here! This place is full of weirdo's.
kurious oranj
Anonymous's picture
i was only saying that it's best to write stuff when plastered, although when you do sober up it's usually best to throw it away afterwards.
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I rest my case!
kurious_oranj
Anonymous's picture
im not weird, i have a perfectly sane alter-ego
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
If this bloody job would only me the time to get well and truly blistered then I could join in this debate. As it is, when done in, I tend to be out, with friends and generally not in writing mode. Do you people write in pubs or bars or do you drink at home and on your own? Either way, it's worrying.
kurious_oranj
Anonymous's picture
well, some time ago i mastered the art of getting drunk AND THEN GOING HOME, still being drunk somehow. rimbaud managed it, so we all can.
stormy_petrel
Anonymous's picture
I suspect oranj drinks with his alter ego 'richardw'. So he's home but not necessarily alone. Don't listen to the voices oranj.
kurious_oranj
Anonymous's picture
here's to you, stormy. may you long mistake my identity. everyone seems to take me for the malevolent elder twin, but the matter of the fact is that i'm very nice. FACT: i went to see a band last week. they were called stormy petrel.
stormy_petrel
Anonymous's picture
Life just gets weirder. Clearly, I'll have to take legal action.
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Take action stormy? It's not against the law to get pissed and go see a band!
Kurious_petrel
Anonymous's picture
It isn't? Bugger.
chocolate_oranj
Anonymous's picture
but the thing is, i wasn't pissed at that moment in time and, i think he meant take action against the band for the name. ho hum, dissertation on henry v by lunchtime. oranj
beth
Anonymous's picture
?????????????
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Chocolate my friend, or whoever you are tonight, do I really come across as someone that doesn't know what the hell is going on?
oranj_organics
Anonymous's picture
tonight matthew, i'm going to be laurence olivier.
richardw
Anonymous's picture
am i meant to be the dreaded oranj? sorry petrel, but i am not nearly as witty and daring as he, plus i have no time for another secret identity, the scarlet pimpernel pulls in a lot of cash this season at brighton. what is scary is that i have also seen the stormy petrels in concert "they seek him here, they insult him there, i suspect he sports no underwear: 'cos he's got style, he's got flange -it's none but the kurious oranj!"
clockwork_oranj...
Anonymous's picture
Yes you are, I never make wild accusations Rick! I can confirm that Mississippi does know what the hell is going on. He's just one tributary short of a full river sometimes! X X X
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
It was just a dried up river bed fer chrissakes!
tony cook
Anonymous's picture
Now we know who drinks all the absinthe. 'he thought he was a man but he was a muffin' F. Zappa. seems to say it all.
moon unit
Anonymous's picture
misissipi may be insane, but no match for a zappa
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Exactly who was he muffin Tony?
andrew eldritch
Anonymous's picture
does it really matter? it's only a bit of fun.
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
It might only be a bit of fun to you whoever you are, but I take my muffin seriously!
fr leavis
Anonymous's picture
righto
W H Audenary
Anonymous's picture
Ahh - the Cocktail Hour approaches. What could be more pleasurable than to sit in one's armchair sipping a glass or ten of Chateau Similitude 87, whilst being captivated by the latest chapter of my Autobiography: 'A Life Less Audenary'?
louis macneice
Anonymous's picture
i'll have you, audenary!!!
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Having been an abstainer for many years (no longer old enough to drink), I'll have to admit that I have no idea what anyone was talking about.
proclaimer numb...
Anonymous's picture
ive been a Proclaimer for many years
large_barrel
Anonymous's picture
ive been a container for many years
kurious_oranj
Anonymous's picture
ive lived next to a satsuma for many years
Ironman
Anonymous's picture
Am I still on the ABCtales Site or has my finger slipped, taking me back to davidicke.com?
curua
Anonymous's picture
Watch out, this site is run by giant, blood-drinking lizards in turqouise shell suits...
kurious_oranj
Anonymous's picture
raaaaaaaaaaar
jjbhughes
Anonymous's picture
This is what happens with alcohol: www.drunkdragon.20m.com
stormy
Anonymous's picture
don't let spab see this
fergus
Anonymous's picture
kurious oranj, I believe you are pos-it-ively de-ranged
oranj
Anonymous's picture
and i believe your civil services should be mas-sis-ively re-arr-anged flan fight!
Topic locked