Warm Milk - Barry Wood

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Warm Milk - Barry Wood

Congratulations Barry on publishing your first story here at ABC. I have been an avid fan of Barry's work for some time now, and have just followed his work to this site. I love the concept and useability of ABC. Barry, I hope to see more of your work here, and I urge all horror fans to sample some of Barry's work.

Carly
Anonymous's picture
It was a sensational story - so real and the images were really strong. I liked the way Barry used the friction between the Father and Stepmother - it made it interesting. The farm setting was a really special touch. The only thing I could give in the way of critique would be this: ** She had taken me into her arms and hugged me. "There's no beast, dear. Mommy has to go to work after I scrub the floors, Bobby." She kissed me. "Please try to understand. Now I have to get the kitchen floor cleaned." I would have preferred it to read - Mommy has to go to work AFTER SHE SCRUBS the floros, Bobby. Rather than referring to herself as Mommy and then as 'I' - it didn't sit right that way. Thanks Barry, for a great read Carly :-)
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
That would sound much better. Thanks, Carly :-]
karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
A phenomenal piece of work, Barry. As a strong family man, it touched me. As a reader it actually sent shivers down my spine. Spooky. Keep up the good work.
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Thank you for your kind comments, Karl.
Sooz
Anonymous's picture
Haven't read it yet Barry, but after the reccomendations I look forward to doing so. I think its great when members reccomend stuff by other writers.
Topic locked