Something fishy going on?Or is it me?any one else noticed ?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Something fishy going on?Or is it me?any one else noticed ?

hi there,

The thing is I've just joined this site and 1st impressions say "hooray".....BUT....having uploaded some of my work i checked the 10 most recently added page to..er..well...check mine had been added and noticed that another recent user had been read about 60 times while I hadn't at all.Before you think I'm jealous let me mention that it had been uploaded about 5mins ago.Are people desperately reading and re-reading their work to get noticed?Surely the value of a site like this is to gain an unbiased response from our work?Or is all fair in love and poetry?Am I the only one who thinks this is important or is it a simple way to get noticed?....mmmm....probably change my mind next week when it still says no. of times read-0!

Ralph
Anonymous's picture
Hi Megan I think I know what is going on. Some writers like to rewrite their work, add something or take it away, then they present it again and comes up as a recent piece of writing on the site. I think that it is ok to do this but I can see your point that it is open to mis-use. Some writers can be selfish I suppose. I hope that this clears it up for you. Regards Ralph
megan
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Ralph-much appreciated! Just off to read my work 1000 times before lunch! best wishes megan
muzzy
Anonymous's picture
I know what you mean,,,,,,but when I go and have a look through my ABC sets I see things which are wrong and I think DOH!!!!!!! I better put that right, you will find your-self doing it now and then. But hey, I am a bit Fic, so you may not. any way welcome muzzy.
megan
Anonymous's picture
thanks for the welcome Muzzy!only time will tell! megan
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
Megan Another word of advice Sometimes your work may get cherry picked (great when it happens). If this does happen and you try to ammend your work your cherry will be taken from you, devoured (pip as well) and never seen again. Unless you ask the wonderful ABC staff to put it back for you, which they will of course. Just trying to save you time and worry. Ralph
megan-bird_of_p...
Anonymous's picture
Cheers ralph! I have noticed that it is also de rigeur to think up a witty cherry pun in the event of a cherry disappearing. Any more entertaining cherry wordplay? best wishes megan
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Ralph seems to have got it sorted! Same thing happens if you change the title. One for the long-suffering and overworked techies, I think... Welcome, Megan. (Had this one before, too)
Topic locked