Eddie Gibbons

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eddie Gibbons

If you haven't already, may I point you sharply in the direction of the front-page to read the interview with Eddie Gibbons. Not only a cracking writer, he is also an interesting and nice bloke (even if the thought of him and Eric going out drinking together fills me with fear).

Sometimes we take our real gems for granted and there is no doubt that Eddie is absolutely one of them.

Eddie
Anonymous's picture
Thanks for an unexpected thread, Andrew. Calm down Liana and fish - many people weep openly when they pick up my book, usually when they see the price. Stromy Petal - that's an uncanny description of one of the wilder evenings with Earache. Are you psychic? Awarder - one out of three ain't bad - yes, I was ALL of the Sex Pistols, though I've sadly disbanded. I am currently Westlife.
zoot horn rollover
Anonymous's picture
eddie is a little god, turning words into wine...never Rotten and Vicious, certainly not Pondlife, but maybe the Magic Band
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
just a little gripe...i ordered eddie's book through the bookplace on oct 26th, they've just sent it out yesterday....they had to order it from the publishers so the delay was at the publisher end so eddie, your publisher's should get their act together. *gripe complete* carry on everyone
Phillys White
Anonymous's picture
I approve of Eddie, he is a great supporter of small birds. He has been known to admire their small stature.
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
*inspects eddie's application to be a supporter of CAMRAW*
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Ah, Phyllis, I detect a pseudonym, a name change, a nomenclature or, perhaps, a simple spelling mistake. So heartening, however, to have you back amongst the flock, safely nestled in the...er...nest, fluffing your fabulous plumage. Do give us another feathery poem, dear...
Eddie
Anonymous's picture
Martin t - sorry you had so much bother trying to get my book. You'd think publishers would be falling over themselves to drum up sales, but no, they seem very laid back about the whole thing. It's not just mine, either. I've spoken to other writers who have experienced this. It really is a major DIY job to get even small amounts of sales. I suspect that poetry books are considered a luxury by publishers, so they start off with very low expectations for sales. And they're rarely disappointed. Thanks for making the effort in the first place and for your patience latterly. I hope you like the book, after all that.
Eddie
Anonymous's picture
I think we should be honoured by the presence of Phyllis in this unfashionable quarter of the Forums. She is, after all, the world's leading nano-ornithologist. I offer the following homage as a thank-you to her for gracing this thread: haikuckoo cuckoos are rarely seen on ‘Ready Steady Cuck’ but do cuckoos coo?
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
I, too, am a great Phyllis fan. Here's my humble offering... Little birds like Phyll Are prey to nasty cat Who scoff them at their will And that, my friend, is that! I do hope you all like it.
funky_seagull
Anonymous's picture
little bird, little bird, sat on my window ledge. little bird, little bird, stood too close to the edge. Little bird, little bird, opened up it's wings, little bird, little bird, became my dog's wingdings.
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
..eddie...it finally came this morning....haven't had a chance to read it yet...was out on the piss 2nite...will e-mail you soon......
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Funky, are you sure you're not Phyllis incognito? A true masterpiece...
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
*reaches for kalishnikof* *prepares to rip feathers and beak off* Just a few thoughts trailing over from the previous tweety bird thread. Copied from the Sufferin' Succotash series with kind permission of Sylvester the Cat (1978 edition)
Eddie
Anonymous's picture
Eric is on his way to Englandland for a few months. I will have to buy a laptop computer with a spellcheck facility for those awkward moments in pubs when you're wondering if the bar menu's 'Ratatouille' is spelled correctly. How can you possibly enjoy a pint, not knowing?
fish
Anonymous's picture
*screams twice* eric is coming to englandland???? ... yikes ... *gathers apostrophes up and runs to hide in cupboard*
Ian McCaskill
Anonymous's picture
helloo, The recent prolonged good spell enjoyed by those of you north of the border will disappear overnight, I’m afraid. Tomorrow’s words will start off moderate - worsening as the night wears on. Dictionaries will thicken later in the week. But the depression moving in from the south will be punctuated by Eddie intervals, increasingly dry. The north of England should see the end of mis’placed apostroph’e shower’s as Eric moves South. A continuous band of high pressure will apply to most northern grammarians and weaker vowels will harshen as the week proceeds. Isolated bongos may be heard from time to time but this is nothing to fret about. Bad sentence, structures, in Midland counties will, eventually die out with commas, becoming more settled. Unfortunately, showers; of semicolons; will be rather; more persistent; I’m afraid until later in; the week; when; hopefully; they will come; to a full stop. Further south the outlook is unsettled with Cambridgeshire remaining Stormy. bub bye.
Eric
Anonymous's picture
OK, OK. Enough's enough. I do have interests other than apostrophes and bongos, you know. I'm a rounded human being - I've just taken up the fiddle, in fact. I'm in Edinburgh at the moment, soaking up the culture (liquid and otherwise) but will be in Manchester from Wednesday. You far southern lot are still safe, so sigh deeply and settle back to your poorly punctuated ways.
fish
Anonymous's picture
*deeply southern sigh of relief*
Liana
Anonymous's picture
......Feels incredibly tearful.
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
pass the hankie liana ...
Liana
Anonymous's picture
emits loud wail and throws kleenex across the midlands towards murky....
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
*catches kleenex and wishes liana had thrown a clean one ...*
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Can you imagine being in a pub with Eric? I bet he would spend all night correcting the inevitable but hilarious mistakes on the chalk board before finally ordering. "Two pints of Old Apostrophe please, a packet of Punctuation Scratchings for Eddie - assaulted grammar flavour - and two semi-colon chasers me duck."
the awarder of ...
Anonymous's picture
the boy ed is a real stonker of a poet, a gentleman, and a genuine ex member of the sex pistols to boot - merely speculation of course
Topic locked