ABCtales Event in Covent Garden

94 posts / 0 new
Last post
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Ahem. Robin Hood was real. Didn't you see all the movie with Errol Flynn?
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
As the person who has taken over organisation of ABC's involvement in this event after Lisa's departure and the alleged responsible face of ABCtales who will be introducing our three incredible talents, I agree with Ralph about the etiquette of a mass exodus of the Poetry Cafe's most ebullient, urbane butexcitable crowd. I also think. re. going elsewhere to do an extra ABC gig that night, finding another gaff on a Saturday night in Covent Garden which is prepared to have a bunch of unwashed, half cut poetry and prose performers strutting their stuff at this late stage is slim. That said, two things: 1. the flyer says "floor readers welcome", so come tooled up with scripts if you want to, and 2. I am not averse to going off to a nearby appropriate pub/bar/restaurant to continue in the manner of ABctalers if that is thought a good idea but given my etiquette comments above, we should maybe play that by ear on the night. I am prepared to do copious prior reconnoitring in the area at great expense to my liver and wallet.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
>Author: Wow! (---.5800-12.telinco.net) >Date: 02-06-02 21:48 >And I see the the site @!#$ aka stuart is still as ignorant as ever. show yourself
Judith
Anonymous's picture
Wow, please see http://www.capitalism.org - which reflects what I believe. Justyn you are DANGEROUSLY close to me, abode wise (mount pleasant hill?) Ralph- Wong ke's it is so meet in de Hems everyone and for those of you who don't know me, I'm the one with the blue rossette and swastika tattoed on my forehead
Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
Chinese food anyone? Chinatown is walkable distance and there is a wealth of restaurants there with big tables. Lots of food, wine and the glorious roar of opinionated writers....sounds like bliss!
Judith
Anonymous's picture
I did of course mean Martin when talking about the geography of the River Lea.
Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
PS no photos....I look like the back end of a bus...
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Are we all going to meet up and do something first ? Chinatown does sound like a good plan. Times / places please from the London locals. And Karl - hooray ! Looking forward to meeting you.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
wolfie... No photos? Hrrmmm....
fey
Anonymous's picture
ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOS
Liana
Anonymous's picture
we'll see.
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Meeting up first is a great idea! I'll be stuck with nothing to do for a few hours between the end of the S Club 7 concert and the beginning of the "do". If I have to sit in a pub on my own for those few hours I'll leave in such a state that I'll be running after the back end of buses shouting, "Is your name Wolfie?"
Jeanette
Anonymous's picture
has anybody noticed that this title has metamorphosised into"Convent Garden", or has the site been taken over by Catholic aliens?
Hugh Jelly Pistoff
Anonymous's picture
nun of us wanted to anything lest we upset eddie. don't want him throwing a wobbly or coming on all superior.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Well wouldn't it be a shame to miss such illustrious company. Perhaps I can avoid the speed cameras this time! Speaking of which, it's been a moth since I was caught last time and I haven't heard a thing! Could it be I got away with it?
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
i'll contact the men in blue if you like missi...hate to see traffic crime unpunished !!
robert
Anonymous's picture
wow judith i’ve just a had a peek at that website. i clicked on Taxation and got this: “Taxation would be replaced with voluntary financing methods...Most people would voluntarily give 5-10% of their income...” HAHAHHAHAHAHA now please come clean and tell us that you don’t really believe this guff [if it were left to me i’d slam the rich. i don’t know why everyone talks about the taxation levels of the seventies as something that must never happen again. i mean, in the seventies the rich were still rich, right? or did they sit in shop doorways with a plastic cup and a bit of cardboard saying Chairman of HSBC? maybe the board of Esso used to wander through shopping centres asking people to lend them a sandwich...]
Hugh Jelly Pistoff
Anonymous's picture
if a moth flaps its wings in martin's wallet, does that mean mississippi gets done for speeding?
Judith
Anonymous's picture
of course I don't believe it. (believe it would happen) I wish it would happen though.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Missi - it took the fascist pigs five months from the camera click to send me a letter dragging me into court so they could have sex with my bank account. Don't hold your breath
Eddie
Anonymous's picture
er, I suggested we do an ABC thing AFTER the Cafe event. I'm for an early meet-up. A bite to eat in Chinatown sounds like a great idea. Whenever I go to Peking I always visit Chinatown. When I'm in Paris I drink in the French Quarter. So let's get ethnic... Bubble & Squeak Fried Rice or Jellied Eels Soo Chow for me.
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
Well I'm sure that Taxman will not mind you giving a bit extra for the rest of us Jude. Shall we put you down for a voluntary 25% of your income. Tell you what - just send it to me and I will make sure the Taxman gets it (via VAT)!
Little Miss Snotty
Anonymous's picture
That's just one theory Mykle. www.geocities.com/athens/acropolis/4198/rh
Judith
Anonymous's picture
There is a Dutch bar called "de Hems" on the periphery of Chinatown that does some excellent dark and blonde continental beers. The location is 11 Macclesfield Street W1 http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=529776&Y=180872&A=Y&Z=1 Those who wish could meet there at say 6.00, head to a chinese at 6.30, head to poetry cafe at 7.30ish to arrive at 7.45 (its about a 15 minute walk) Any takers?
stuart
Anonymous's picture
Hmmm.. Consulting my diary I find I'm watching television that night
fish
Anonymous's picture
oh ... stuart ... that IS a shame ... but then i suppose casualty is on so it's almost understandable ...
dogstar
Anonymous's picture
i might pop in on my way to the newsie's for fags. might not. don't pressure me.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Oh damn! I love Cov Gar. And swish hotels...
Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
Me.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
Now don't all rush at once. Take it easy there at the back
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
me
Ralph Dartford
Anonymous's picture
Dear All I will be there and on my best behaviour. Might even offer to buy the Midlands contingent a glass of wine. I know what it was like when I had my first glass. Only kidding before you all start. Ralph
Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
Now, back to Covent Garden. What's the crack?
fish
Anonymous's picture
the midlands contingent will be arriving about 2 pm and consider there to be ample drinking and eating time before the festivities begin ... liana knows of somewhere cheap and fabby to scoff ... it has handsome waiters apparently ...
AJ
Anonymous's picture
No surprise old stewpot can't go. Far TOO busy with his measuring tape!!!!!!
Judith
Anonymous's picture
stuart, even if I have to drink and feast alone, I shall be a content lady. After all what greater pleasure is there than eating a variety of slaughtered animals in black bean or peking sauce?
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
*Thoroughly disgruntled and positively emerald with jealousy*
Nancy_Am
Anonymous's picture
why not have an abc tales event at the pyramids..? that would be a great venue... and i'd be able to attend for once...
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
I'll definitely be there. Looking forward to it.
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Count me in Jude. Have not been to de Hems for ages.. and its conveniently placed for Chinese eateries.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
Judith the Biological Tory actually managed to post a message without referring to her luxurious, Thameside apartment or her bulging bank account. Is this a record?
Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
I like a man who waits.......
Judith
Anonymous's picture
The Riverside (River Lea not Thames) apartment is in (mild) danger of flooding. The bank account(s) are drained though temporarily. The chances of the conservatives winning the next election are negligible, so I'm trying to take my mind off it all Still, life's still good.

Pages

Topic locked