Did you know...

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Did you know...

...the only way you can submit stories to the New Yorker is via email?

So I did. Two of 'em.

Apparently the New Yorker is some sort of paragon as far as writing goes. I don't see it. The comic strips are funny, though. Sometimes.

Any other pipe dreams of note lately?

justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Did you ever read Tom Wolfe's send-up of the New Yorker? He wrote a couple of essays in the 60s which caused quite a stir at the time. They are reprinted in his most recent collection of essays called Hooking Up. Ah, yes, here it is: "Tiny Mummies! The True Story of the Ruler of 43rd Street's Land of the Walking Dead." Gee, can't imagine why that would rile anyone ...LOL... and the follow-up: Lost in the Whichy Thickets. Actually, a guy I knew in college was on the New Yorker staff for decades and still writes for them from time to time, but only non-fiction. Two friends and I ran into him at a lecture in NYC once shortly after graduation, and since he was writing the About the Town column at the time, we all got a mention...not by name of course, but by reference. That's probably the only way I will ever be in the New Yorker, I'm sorry to say. Good luck with your submission!
Topic locked