recycled tunes

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
recycled tunes

Does anybody write any original bloody tunes these days?
every flaming song I hear nowadays is a cut and paste job from half a dozen other songs. Sometimes whole sections are copied like in Christine Aguilera's latest which is just a blatant rip off from Up where we belong by Joe Cocker. Or Black Eyed Peas last hit which was a big rip off of something else which I can't remember. And there's a bit in that Norah Jones song they keep playing which is lifted from the BEatles Yesterday.

And some bits of tune are copied again and again, like there's a bit in Scott McKenzie's If you're going to San FRancisco which turns up in Shakin Stevens Merry Christmas and also in Toto's Africa.Why does the music industry keep banging on about copyright theft on the internet when they're the biggest bunch of thieving tossers in theworld.

sabelle
Anonymous's picture
What really makes me laugh is that these youngsters don't seem to realise that they are being ripped off. And the funniest thing is someone's just told me that Westlife's single Mandy was voted best single of the year? Nothing's new, just a rehash
alp
Anonymous's picture
Yep – cover versions galore! Even people who ought to know better (he he) and who have been in ‘the music industry’ for a fair amount of time, are at it (covering others’ songs, that is!). I find it mind numbing. Who wants to buy (nine times out of ten) a poorer version of someone else’s song? There are so many covers around nowadays, it’s a joke (I often think of an ‘artiste’ who does a cover version as merely having a bash at karaoke!!) – and yes, it seems that the younger generation think that a lot of the recycled tripe is actually new music!! Guess you could look on the bright side, though – the older folk can have a nice, happy singalong with the young uns!!!
Topic locked