Play

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Play

Hi

Here is a few questions for all you writers out there who are kind enough to peek in here and dispense creative, helpful, constructive comments and replies.

1 - How many pages should a half-hour one act play be? And is this the same for a radio play?

2 - Is it always necessary to have a central character, even if all the characters, more or less, have equal speaking parts? Can't it just be about a certain issue that needs to addressed, exposed etc?

3 - Does anyone in London know of a bookshop, publishing house, theatre, library or any exciting firm that is recruiting? This 30 year old has just given up his 'runner' job in the post-production industry after two years of taking s**te from errr...no name calling! Anyway, this also goes to the ABCtales staff, any help will do, I certainly do not want to sign on!

4 - And finally, to whom it may concern, I have a degree in Film & Video and I have worked in numerous places, so I am not work shy and I the very important customer care skills in abundance.

I patiently await all those helpful replies.

Thank you

Yours scribble(ly)

gozzle
Anonymous's picture
There was this game i used to play as a kid, it was called tig. the aim of the game was to touch another person an dthen run away laughing and well try not to get tigged or you would become 'IT'. Years later i invented a game one night called 'MAD TIG'. It would be played on the m25 in the rush hour with no other humans involved apart from 'IT'. Why dont ya run a long and have a game !
gozzle
Anonymous's picture
a game of tig with the traffic i meant *oooppps*
sd
Anonymous's picture
my feeble attempt at humour. In answer to your questions No i cant offer you a job as i am unemployed myself. My answer to the play question is how long is a piece of string ? If you have a degree in film and music it might be wise to work in one of these industrys *thats only my point of view, of course* Yes, try and have central characters when possible hope have been of help sd
Topic locked