Jeb Bush.

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeb Bush.

Dubya is promoting his brother's chances of running for president. There's never a Sirhan B. Sirhan or a Lee Harvey Oswald when you need one.

I'm free most Thursdays.
Well it just goes to show what a dumb fuck he is. 'I' stand more chance of making Pres than that dickhead!

I say he should run. It would be an excellent opportunity for us to get rid of all of them, once and for all. If he's smart, he'll save a run for later on, not the next election.

Share your state secrets at...
http://www.amerileaks.org

RD: there was some group who did a survey of politicians and the number of gaffes they made, both grammatical and in general. Bottom was George W, second bottom was-------? George senior. So what are the chances of Jeb being smart?

Don't delude yourself into thinking the Bush's are stupid. They are arrogant, narrow-minded, stubborn, ill-advised with very conservative backgrounds. They play the political game very well, and their perceived stupidity is as much an act as anything you'd see on television. Stupid people find them attractive, which accounts for about 50% of the voting population. (notice that 50 % of the population also has an IQ below 100, note 50.001% of the population voted for this ass-hole,,,see any correlation?) They say the right things at the right time, to get elected. The rest of the time, they do what they want based on their party's social agenda, which is where the real problems with my government come from.

RD, sorry, I was confusing being smart with intelligence. I realise these guys are street smart in that they know how to get elected. Money and lots of it; with promises to those who have lots of said green stuff, that their paths will be smoothed if they want to dump toxic waste next to a working class nursery school. Heck if you pay us enough you can dump it IN the school! We'll tell the kids it's a new kind of play centre. Last one to catch emphysema is a sissy!

The fact that Jeb is even floated as a potential candidate is strong testiment to how low the collective IQ in the country is sinking. My god, I'd rather vote for Rudy Giuliani, toupee and all... There's talk that Hillary is getting ready to run; there's also talk that her running for Prez will be disatrous for the Democrats in the elections... Worrying times, these.
Hillary will never be president. She is as disliked as Bush. Nope we've had it with Arkansas and Texas 'ole boy networks'..I wouldn't be surprised to see Gore come out of mothballs for the next run. He's already putting an edge on his slant. "Global Warming...LImits to executive power" We're doomed I tell you, we're doomed. If Gore runs and gets elected, it'll be the first time a president ran on the ticket under the slogan "Elect me so I can't do anything"

Mrs Clinton has certainly raised a lot of money. It would be surprising if she didn't run but I don't think it's certain she'll even win the nomination. Kerry is apparently up for another go - evidently thinking he someone get beyond his problem of having less personality than disused coffee table. Even Al Gore's apparently weighing up his options. I think those options are: carry on being a moderately successful environmental campaigner or go back to being an unsuccessful politician. I think Jeb Bush could end up beating any of these three by some distance but I think it's more likely that the Republicans will go for John McCain, who would probably beat all of them by an even greater distance.

If McCain ran I would consider voting for him, depending on who the Dems manage to throw on the ticket. McCain's got chutzpah and a bit of integrity, qualities sorely lacking in Presidents for the last, oh, hundred years or so. He'd be far, far better than anything we've been offered lately, even if I don't agree with everything he says/thinks. I'm kicking myself for voting for Kerry; I shoulda listened to my conscience and voted for Kucinich - the man was a visionary: he wanted to create a Department of Peace. Clearly the gun-totin' trigger-happy 'patriots' of America weren't ready for such a proposition. He wouldn't have won, anyway, but golly if he -had-....
I can't believe these conversations are starting already. Is there some reason why americans have such interminably drawn out elections?

Yes. When ever it is possible, we like to plan our failures. Kuchinic or what ever his name is, is associated with far-left nut-brains. Whilst he may actually have some sound ideas, he defeats himself with allowing all the burnt out hippies to follow him around in public, and seems to be content allowing them to speak for him.

Seems to me we should be worrying about the possibility of Gordon 'greaseball' Brown bullying his way into our drivers seat. Oh yeah, it's fashionable to shout about what a great job he's done on the economy, but that's just so much bullshit. If he was SO good at the job why is the NHS on the verge of implosion? Pensioners living on a pittance. Dentistry unaffordable for all but the well-off. Jeb Bush may be a clown, but at least he ain't OUR clown!

Kucinich's manifesto last time was fantastic. It was miles to the left of Tony Blair but obviously he never had a real chance of winning the nomination. Howard Dean was miles to the right of the British Conservatives on everything apart from the Iraq war, and he got still labelled as a communist. "I can't believe these conversations are starting already. Is there some reason why americans have such interminably drawn out elections?" It's partly the fixed term limits but also that the election get progressively less interesting as the presidential field gets whittled down. I was supporting Al Sharpton last time.

I quite fancy being prime minister.
I'd vote for you *Waves big "Vote Ferg for Fluffy Things" placard. jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

I'm sure you'd be a much better PM than anyone vying for the job right now, incumbent included! I liked Dean, as well; he was considered a bit of a loose cannon but at least he had his own opinions! I dread to see what the parties dredge up as candidates this time round. I suppose we obsess over our protracted elections because they're such shit-fights and the press uncovers the most *titillating* information about people; it's really the dirty goss we're after, not the candidates themselves...once they get into office they're all equally ineffective. Well, Clinton *did* try for universal healthcare, but the Pubbies squashed that one flat...
America is just so big, with so many people. So hard to get one person to preside over it when each segment is so different. So many Americans I meet can't stand Bush, but when people in other countries think of America they think of Bush. Not fair to all those poor bastards who can't stand him.
I'm doing Wesley Clark's website at the moment, speaking of Arkansas networks. Am amused by the reality distortion field that McCain's got going on. If being anywhere to the left of the current nutjobs counts, sure. In the cold light of day you'll still have woken up with a Nu-Republican who wants to ban abortion. It's becoming apparent that John Edwards is running again, too. He's started doing little clique-o-vision sessions with some big-traffic bloggers in the last few weeks. I'm of the unfashionable opinion that (although the Dems won't nominate her in a million years), Hillary would probably win by carrying 60%+ of women voters. Gore? No. When your major cheerleaders are Republican pundits, you've really got to think why they want you. Plus who wants to be the guy who waited for Monkeyface to leave before having another go? Come 2008 when he's polling in single digits and everyone's saying "Let the door hit you on the way out for all we care" to him, do you want your candidate to be 'the man who couldn't even beat that'? Unfair, but nobody cares about unfair on polling day. ---- John H

You can't just elect a Prez on whether or not he (and hopefully someday, 'she') agrees with abortion (although I realise that much of the populace are 'one issue voters', sadly); the Supreme Court still has the final word on that matter, and even if they did change the current laws (due to an alarming influx of Republican-appointed judges), you can bet it won't stay changed. There really would be civil war...anyhow, I suspect that there are a few mavericks on the SC as we speak, even those appointed by the Bushies. I liked Edwards; he was always sunny and positive, but I suspect he still lacks the relevant experience of internal Washington operations. The sharks would eat his smiley self alive. Despite his many flaws, Bill C. was the best we've had for quite awhile and I'm not sure anyone considering running in '08 will have his charisma. Even Hillary is an old clanking battleaxe. I say that respectfully...but she rubs people the wrong way.
Bush has a higher percentage of detractors in Britain than he does in his own country. The fact of the matter is, he was elected by a clear majority, so whatever anyone here or there thinks, he IS the man that America wanted. I understand that maybe no one else wants him but he's no worse than Thatcher. I seem to remember SHE set a mob of thugs on some peacefully protesting strikers. Her own people were brutalised by a gang of sadistic policemen. They were no better than her. Now this REALLY sickens me. I find myself in agreement with our token ex-pat yank, her of the million jobs and encyclopaedic knowledge of everything a human could possibly want to know. Bill Clinton was the most intelligent, educated president the US has elected in my lifetime. So he availed himself of the random free screw and BJ. So would I in his position.

Aw, Missi, who loves ya? x
I think John's right about John McCain in that people mistake his 'maverick' tag for 'moderate' or 'closet lefty'. He might be a liberal - in the British rather than the American sense - for opposing the use of torture but it pretty shocking that there are probably going candidate who actually do support turning a blind eye to torture. On many big issues, though, while he might not be bankrolled by Christian right in the way that Bush is, he has ended up at pretty similar positions. But I think the fact that he's got a different style to Bush, combined with broadly similar policies, will mean he'll have a very strong chance of getting in.

He is most definitely conservative, but he seems to be an intelligent conservative, of which there are very few nowdays. I suspect that he would remain his own man and not let his Veep and Secty of Defence run the world for him; he -may- also have a more sensible strategy for the probs with Middle Eastern countries. But anything would improve on the current regime; my brother-in-law's cat Bill could do a better job, and he's a lazy old thing. I still think Kucinich should run again. Anyone but Gore or Kerry. Please.
Kucinich is one of those 'throwaway' candidates who surface to provide people with an 'if only' fantasy. He is useless. I've never quite understood why people like McCain so much. He's an entertaining guest on the Tonight Show, but he's been a Bush toady for years now--hoping to capture the religious nut wing of the GOP and get the nomination. His biggest problem is with his own party. Bush Senior had the same problem. Hillary is too brittle to be President. She may be up in the polls now, but that's before the media shit storm of an actual campaign starts. Everyone looks good until someone challenges them. In a recent state primary election in Pennsylvania (I think), the voters threw out all of the Republican incumbants. This is a microcosm of the GOP's big problem: a huge swath of their own people think the party is wildly off course. It is. The Dems have an opportunity to capture the momentum, but so far they still look like deer caught in the headlights. It would not be difficult but it requires walking away from the 'New Left' agenda of the last 35 years which has destroyed the Dems. Ah, to hell with politics. "You don't need the light of the Lord to read the handwriting on the wall." Copies of Warsaw Tales available through www.new-ink.org
Bill Clinton: the most powerful man in the world; at the time, ends up with Monica Lewinski?

So you'd have turned her down at the time?

No, I'd have pushed her down.

Topic locked