Everybody In The Free World Should Be Forced To Watch This Programme

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mississippi: Since you care so much about women's right perhaps next time you are in the US you can see if they can have a word with their neighbours: In the Mexican city of Ciudad JuElrez, HUNDREDS of poor, largely indigenous, women have been abducted and murdered in recent years without the authorities taking appropriate action. Source Amnesty International.
You watch people staggering around through piles of rubble that used to be their homes carrying the injured and the dying and you wonder how this can happen. People who have been trapped for days, without food and water, those who could actually manage to scramble from the rubble in the hope that help had arrived. If it had been a natural disaster there would be helicopters full of aid workers and tons of supplies but instead it seems that all these desperate people find is news reporters. I suppose that since Bush didn't really care much about his own people when hit by Hurricane Katrina that there is not much chance he will care anything about the Lebanese. All this talk about the need to wait - why? Maybe Bush is waiting until he has delivered the full consignment of bombs to Israel.

Unlike the deranged morons whose only talent is a kingsized ego supported by a bullying temprament which they express with an almost maniacal ferocity - continually resorting to swear words, spiteful innuendos and name calling - you manage to combine your deeply philosophical thinking, profound wisdom and analytical observations with a rare wit and an extraodinary, imaginative and elegant use of poetic imagery which embroiders your insights with staggering beauty whilst also capturing a haunting soulful quality... NOT! :O) It sets the worst possible example and puts many off posting to the forums. I see you've editted your last post - well that's a start...

It may well be that we all die soon if hate like yours wins the day in the Middle East. Just to save any more of your speculations: I have never been to a brothel in my life. The ONLY Thai I have even so much as kissed is my friend Nom who is shy, single, over 40 and a devout Buddhist.

That's funny because you've repeatedly stated on the forum that you hate me. I'm not against meeting you but it will have to wait until I return from Thailand. In the meantime - if you do not attack me I will not respond. My primary concern is to get back to Thailand and be with my friend before anything major kicks off. If I'm going to die I want to be with Nom when it comes. You are of no real concern to me but I will make the effort to meet with you for your sake... If I return.
My beautiful Arab girlfriend back in '66 said, "Why do you say 'the' Lebanon?"

Do you miss her Styx?
I've met few arab women but I met a lovely Dutch Jew in Sharm in January. She looked a lot like Mrs Robinson (Anne Bankroft at the time she made the film) especially around the mouth. Strangely, the Egytians thought she was English and I initially though she was American. It seems she had worked in America. She's just packed her job as a tram driver in Amsterdam and started up as a photographer.

Having read back over what was intended as a serious thread about human rights in Iran, I have removed all the posts I made that were nothing to do with the thread, partly because they ruined the thread and partly because they didn't really do me any favours.

Who's a bit of a control freak? Threads have a life of their own Missi.

I take it as a positive gesture toward peace on the forums and I welcome it. I will do my best to respond in a similarly positive way by biting my tongue :O) Let's hope this starts a new trend and we get a cease-fire in the Middle East today!
Styx, it has nothing to do with me being a control freak. It's to do with the forum being a public place frequented by many people, some of whom are personal friends. It isn't doing any good pursuing a private conflict with John Michael Knight in front of the world. It's gone on long enough. My feelings about him haven't changed one iota, but in the grand scheme of things it's unimportant, and a bore to everyone else. For my part I'm happy to return the forum to those who have a right to use it without witnessing sad exchanges. Anything further I have to say to him will be through private email or post.

I replied to your email, Mr George Van Win, but it bounced back - generating an error message : I'm sorry to inform you that the message you have sent could not be delivered to one or more destinations. ----- The following addresses had permanent delivery errors ----- : (unrecoverable error) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- mail.local: unknown name:

Pages

Topic locked