Watching Sky in Other Rooms

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Watching Sky in Other Rooms

Excuse me if this is common knowledge but I thought I'd share anyhow.

I wanted to watch sky in the bedoom so I found out how to activate the second RF channel on the skybox.

1. Using the remote, select "services"
2. Then press 1. Then 4. Then 0. Then press select
3. You'll arrive at a screen reserved for sky engineers only.
4. scroll down to option 4. Press select
5. switch the RF option to "on"

The second RF channel is now activated and all you have to do is route it with your RF lead.

Apologies again if this is relatively common knowledge, but I was about fork out on extra kit and there's no need to. Apparently, sky de-activate the RF option because they'd like you to buy more gear.

I canceled my sky subscription and can still watch all the crappy american sitcoms I want on freeview AND I'm £15 a month better off. Apologies if that trick was common knowledge.

Watching telly in the bedroom is a very, very bad habit. In fact, watching telly, full stop, is a very, very bad habit, with the possible exception of Deadwood, or anything by the wonderful David Attenborough. Go get some exercise instead!
Freeview isn't that bad (I use it in the conservatory) but the content is pretty crap; hence it being free. Oops. That's 410, not 140 ;)

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

There are some lovely Japanese cartoons on Film Four which is freeview now.
Yeah, Porco rosso is good. I watched solaris tonight. I was intrigued enough to stick 'til the end but thought it a little bit of a let down. But apparently it's a film that what you put into is what you get...and all put in was "eh?" The motorcycle diaries was excellent..I missed out on not seeing that earlier. National Geographic ran a cool prog on space colonies yesterday. 100 years! That's all before colonisation on the moon. Apparently, it's gonna take only two generations for our species to change. A worry though - because the predicted facial changes aren't pretty. Save the beauty of the human form...say NO to colonies!!

Dennett

And there you have a thread in which all the tossers exclaim they no nothing... Dan excepted.
"no" being the operative word
i dont know anything about any of it xxx
Man, I can't even get myself insulted by a troll.

>>> Freeview isn't that bad... but the content is pretty crap. ... didn't you just contradict yourself there, Yan? >>> 100 years! That's all before colonisation on the moon... ... weren't they saying in the 60's that we'd all have robot slaves and be jetting off on weekend trips to Mars by about... ooh, I dunno... 2005... ? ( ... Does anyone know how I can get broadband through my FM aerial? ... ) ~PEPS~ “There is no spoon.”

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

That's cos you're too nice, Dan.

I couldn't insult anyone who resembles a gerbil - I just love animals :) Yes, I did contradict myself; serves me right for trying to be polite about freeview.

Dennett

Topic locked