The Blockheads

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Blockheads

The Blockheads

John Turnbull / Chaz Jankel / Mick Gallagher / Derek the Draw / Mark Snowling / Gilad Atzmon / Dylan Howe
First formed in 1977 to promote Ian Dury's album - 'New Boots and Panties' - The Blockheads (featuring Ian's co writers Chaz Jankel & Mick Gallagher) successfully toured the world until 1982 and enjoyed worldwide smash hits in the shapes of Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick, Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll, What A Waste, Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 3, I Want To Be Straight and Clevor Trever.

In 1987 the band reunited, and following Ian's death in 2000 The Blockheads have continued to work as a creative force with Sinead O'Connor, Paul McCartney and notably with Robbie Williams who, in March 2002, also joined the band for the posthumously released & acclaimed 'Ten More Turnips From The Tip' - the last album to feature Ian.

The Blockheads remain one of the greatest live acts the U.K. has ever produced. Fact!!

Date Friday 16 February
Time 8pm
Tickets Tickets £14
Concessions £12

Book online
www.millfieldtheatre.co.uk

Let's not forget Stephen Nugent, who co-wrote classics like "My Old Man", "Billericky Dickie" and two of my faves - "Blackmail Man" and "Plaistow Patricia." He's now a Professor of Anthropology and headed the department at Goldsmiths when I studied there.
Topic locked