PLUG 2: The Sequel

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
PLUG 2: The Sequel

Since it worked for the other chap,I hereby tender a plug for my own writing. Obviously,I hope you all enjoy what you see but if you don't...you could tell me to poke my keyboard up my nose. Which,I guess I could do. Given a little time and some vaseline,that is...

http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewuser.cgi?u=microchrist

Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Yes, you're right - The Sequel was the name of this thread - the title - A Piece of Work is reserved for something else. At any rate, I'm glad that the author here brought his work to our attention. Makes things interesting, having a few pieces to discuss.
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Can we have an end to wannabee's telling us all how good they are?
ajw117
Anonymous's picture
Mississippi : Why? Obviously, there's no point in the board getting flooded with people saying "hey, look I'm great", but I don't think that's happened so far (or will happen) - no-one just wants a slap on the back, writers I think want comments and criticism - not insults, but genuine, "this doesn't work", or "this is a bit so so, because..." type of stuff. One of the good things about ABC is that it allows you to rate people's work (though it's a shame you can only use stars, not add commnets), but I think feedback and criticism on what is on ABC is a useful and valid part of the site. The anonymity of the web - the fact that no-one here knows you etc. means you should be able to get a lot of different points of view on your writing. Of course, part of this is that people don't just get comments on their own work, but help others out too...
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
I was under the impression that this section of the board was for discussing ABC writing - I see nothing wrong with an author asking for input here. If the author did so in the 'general gum flap' section, well then there'd be something to beef about. I hope others are going to do this in this section - ABC Tales Discussion ... I frankly enjoy critting each others work. Yes - I will look at 'The Sequel' and hope that the author who posted this request knows how to tell the hecklers - blow it out your ear!
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Well, I didn't find anything called 'The Sequel', but I did read your poem - Not Ready To Be a Dad - I thought that was a good one. I read the one about the Rock Stars - I have to be honest - I didn't like it - can't identify with it at all.
Bobby McGee
Anonymous's picture
Hey Mississippi - why don't you write something really, really good and see if you can get picked for a cherry. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble When yer perfect in every way ............. :-)
Le Mouth
Anonymous's picture
Can those who haven't been picked for cherries keep their claws retracted - yer markin' up the carpets here, not speak of the green excrement you leave behind in the halls
stormy_petrel
Anonymous's picture
'The Sequel' is the name of this thread - not a piece of work! LMFHO
Microchrist
Anonymous's picture
Er... I'm not a wannabe,my old fruit. I already am what I want to be. I just thought I'd point a few folks in the direction of my writing. I didn't say anything about how "good" I am... Ye gods and small fishes,some people are touchy!
Soooz
Anonymous's picture
Assuming of course that they manage to 'get it up their noses' first :-) I would be more than happy to provide afore mentioned vaseline, just to enjoy the entertainment. You go with your plug love, I hope you get lots of people reading it.
Topic locked