Homely Countryside Poetry

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
Homely Countryside Poetry

There is a distinct lack of homely, uplifting work about the countryside and plant life. After all, love is not reserved for sentient beings, llamas have feelings particularly when it comes to types of bark texture. We have been known to have all-over shudders of delight upon encountering a virgin cherry tree.

My plea is: Please please more odes to Nature and all her Works, not necessarily in rhyme. I am not averse to wit, irony and humour, either.

(teee heeee)

New Lead!
Anonymous's picture
Rumours concerning the tale wagging the dog have proved unfounded. Poodle spokeswoman said "Its rot" while her canine teeth were bared. "Homely countryside poetry will always have a cherry tree to put an uplifting leg against" she confirmed in a panollama interview. "I really don't know what all the fuss is about" - Anton Checkov, declining the offer from ABC, claimed he had enough problems picking his own. Former soap star, Legs Hagger, was unavailable for comment but, according to friends, has privately expressed concerns about the new wave of terrierism engulfing La site d'ill. Scooby Doo.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Oh poodle, just beware of all Frank Zappa lyrics for he tells us: "the poodle bites, come on Frenchie" and on and on. Stick to llamas!
slipped disc
Anonymous's picture
re homely medicine i hear that a belladonna crumble is really quite delectable, i should try it if i were you. sorts out foot in mouth sharpish. hope tat's helpful to you. sincerely sad deranged.
slipped discette
Anonymous's picture
if that doesnt work me and the lads in the north could come down with some pies and whippets and play a game with unappreciative llama.haha.
llama 34
Anonymous's picture
Oh go on all you lovely people with such a lot of things to say... write some poetry, include a leaf or two, a twig here and there, and some mud. You'll wonder why you never tried it earlier.
mad about trees
Anonymous's picture
ivory where's your biog?is your life a fabrication? we are such stuff as dreams are made of.go on tell us about the real you. if music be the food of love...he had multiple personalities too.reality slice off to wash hair.other half on way..relief
iFB
Anonymous's picture
am i to assume from the remark above that you believe me to be the Spritely Llama ... i assure you i am not ... neither am i most other people who post from AOL ... tho i know who they are .... *looks about dangerously* the real me can be found in my work *she announces grandly* as for biogs ... well ... they make me feel slightly uncomfortable ...
most of the oth...
Anonymous's picture
*running for cover but stopping to chew some tasty bark on the way*
iFB
Anonymous's picture
yes .. i should think you WOULD scamper up the crest too ...
spritely llama
Anonymous's picture
I tell you what.. we llamas know how to enjoy ourselves. I note with pride and joy that several homely countryside pieces have now appeared on ABC tales. Hoorah!
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Dear Sprite, Whilst not wishing to blow my own trumpet, I would like to draw your attention to my story (yes, not a poem, sadly, but needs must) "Life is But a Dream' , which I consider to be a homely, uplifting work, dedicated to all things rural...plant and pondlife get a look-in too...
dailyllamahaikuclub
Anonymous's picture
in spring tra la la i sing tra la la la la tra la la la ma summer is the sum of the rural sunny days spent reading hardy autumn's falling leaves i feel like i have won the llama lottery only one leaf left i've eaten all my windfalls gasping for a fag winter howling in everywhere is white except where it is not white
dailyllamahaicuklub
Anonymous's picture
llama is sleepy tossing and turning all night must fix my hammock llama holiday but no beachball no playmate heart sad as a leaf llama football match not much fancy foowork just stick it on me ‘ead! llama car broken into a pity no car allama fitted llama’s mama is visiting llama today tidy flat hide stash llama watch tv how to cook leaves sadly not how to fix hammocks
twicedailyllama...
Anonymous's picture
llama deep in trough of despond chewing gum has lost its flavour llama listens to a political broadcast thinks must get a life llama is looking for pastures new needs a change the ashtray is full llama in gladrags elf and unicorn bash drinks pina collama llama is flummoxed in polling booth can’t decide votes for everyone
iFB
Anonymous's picture
these haikus definitely should have cherries ...
thehourlyllamah...
Anonymous's picture
for the trees to be green all the leaves must be green old llama saying 11am llama oversleeps again llama’s long lie in llama’s computer has Illyama monitor and intellamouse llama is aghast at culling and burning in the british empyre llama wonders why business lunches are free but pencils cost money llama astronaut the first alpaca in space interstellama! llama is amused at writers wanting cherries hark! the leaf! the crest!
fairy lights
Anonymous's picture
read story andrea found it funny especially elsie, bernie wasnt tho i have known people die of alcohol.pity your writing is fuelled by hatred. as for herbs they have no magical powers except for healing ie monks used them.
seeing thru the...
Anonymous's picture
i've had pain in neck all week, tried putting slippery elm on it but it turned into dutch elm disease.all this new ageism is the product brainwashed minds.wont be returning to this forum better things to do.so you can carry on snapping at air.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Oh dear, I seem to have upset Light and Dark. Sorry, Fairy, that you think my writing is 'fuelled by hatred', 'cos nothing could be further from the truth. Apart from anything else, I wouldn't waste my energy on such a negative and unproductive emotion. ps. Surely healing IS a magical power?
iFB
Anonymous's picture
heavens to betsy what was all THAT about??? ... i don't think andrea's work is fuelled by hatred ... steady on there cupcake ...
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Fish, Besides, there was no indication (in the story) that Bennie was an alcoholic, or even a particularly heavy boozer. He's just a lazy git who enjoys a few jars, is all...much to the annoyance of his long-suffering ma.
New Llama party...
Anonymous's picture
three priorities vegetation vegeta tion vegetation
spritely llama
Anonymous's picture
Thank you for the haikus, I was recommended them by Ivoryfishbone, and much cheered by their funniness... am rather dull at present , llama malaise, haikus can help.
haikuclubspokesman
Anonymous's picture
we hope the malaise abates pronto. we hope the dullness susides. no, this isn't a poem. we hope you're sprightly at least twice nightly soon.
haikuclubsother...
Anonymous's picture
susides + b = subsides
llama liama
Anonymous's picture
T'a Ch'ucks
lliama banana ilyama
Anonymous's picture
Take your leaves Chew inedible bark Bark indelible commas Pieces be with you *bows* ...leaps gladly away
llamageddon
Anonymous's picture
harken unto the crest! is The Sprightly One among us once more!? unworthy i ! unworthy we !
Tom the Underta...
Anonymous's picture
I have heard that the Llama is Dead. Lying unnoticed atop the mossy brow of Bentangaval, where no mortal cares to tread lest they have to bury the beast in a sacred place and the fairies might get them. We are willing to perform the necessary deed for a small consideration and a few cups of hot tea, if a boat can be found to get us to our destination and Mervin can borrow someone's cagoul for the trip.
A tree
Anonymous's picture
I'm flexible.
C A Pillary
Anonymous's picture
no pressure....
DIALA LLAMA
Anonymous's picture
If there are any llamas who are feeling depressed by all the Odes to Faerie out there- Take heart from this thread and for goodness sake please do not despair- There are those of us on this site who really, really, really certainly care- For you pushmepullyou types of creature with you short cropped fur- So reach for your phones and dial with your noses or toeses and bare- Your souls to one of our trained operatives who will expertly repair- Your shattered dreams, your broken hearts and domestic appliances manufactured by Frigidaire.
Salvador Dali Llama
Anonymous's picture
THE PERSISTENCE OF MAMMARY I see Catalonian catafalques of llamas! Quinqueremes of llamas! I, Dali! I, Llama! Come to Dali, all llamakind! I will suckle at the teets of momma llama! Comeback quick, O Gala llama! My brush is pregnant with oil.
Spritelyllama
Anonymous's picture
Gala llama, there is a place for you In my two headed dream Where llamas dance until dawn By the tallest cliff
tin of sprite p...
Anonymous's picture
am I dreaming this thread? slap me again someone. perhaps that wasn't an aspirin I had earlier. ahhh there goes a camel .... but it hasn't got the hump.
Portly Heffalump
Anonymous's picture
Phhhhalllummph!!!! Can't even step outside nowadays without tripping over Pesky Llamas spouting drivel about spiritual havens by the seaside....Bah!
Llamarama
Anonymous's picture
Spritely Liama, If that is the cliff of spab you're dancing by, be careful what you tread in!
Srite Innit
Anonymous's picture
Yes, llamas leap, and they chase dogs. Am not scared by substances on any Cliff.
Fairly Immoral
Anonymous's picture
For this is not written in the Elven Runes? If ye of Elves and Fairies speak Ye will be told to shut your beak. And should a cherry you receive Let all the decent writers grieve. Ever shall it be so!
Spritely Llama
Anonymous's picture
My philosophy is: Muse on a hilltop and you will never want. I don't actually believe in fairies. Leaves are narrow In the winter climate.
Fairy nuff
Anonymous's picture
How can you be so cruel? You critic no humpers. Eat from my bowl of gruel, LLama brained dumpers. Faeries will unleash revenge 'Pon immoral fairy. T'will be spellies from stonehenge That kill the dromedary (c) Fairy Nuff Orl writes reserved 2001
Daily Llama Hai...
Anonymous's picture
winter bark is cold teeth freeze on the withered leaves lachrymose llamas yes, 'The Godllama' starring alpaca chino is my favourite film
Dingly Dell-Boy
Anonymous's picture
(finding a roomful of tiny wallets) Rodney you PLONKER! I told you to stick up some SH-elves!!!
Spritely Llama
Anonymous's picture
I am quite moved by that beautiful Japanese style poetry. I have shed several Llama tears. Thank you.
Alma Llama
Anonymous's picture
my favourite song: Bama llama Bama Loo by Llittle Richard
ramallamadingdong
Anonymous's picture
wasn't that in the soundtrack to llamageddon?
PoetryPoodle
Anonymous's picture
i am rather disgruntled that the animal namely the llama is getting so much attention ... i shall lie under the desk wearing blue socks in protest
Knight in Shini...
Anonymous's picture
Llamarick There was a young llama called Jim Who thought he'd go for a swim From the high board He jumped, dear Lord, And that was the end of him.
Spritely Llama
Anonymous's picture
What is a "poodle"?
Llama Mater
Anonymous's picture
poodle is a midget Llama (some would say 'Elf-like Llama' but they are braver than i)

Pages

Topic locked