'Orrible things some folks eat.

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Orrible things some folks eat.

I heard once in a place far away poeple eat monkey brains.

The monkies head was clamped in the midddle of the table and the top of the skull was removed and they were scooping the brains out with spoons....er nice uh?

Anyone else know of any 'orrible dishs to tamp us?

justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Reminds me of a scene in the old Amercan TV series All In The Family (which was based upon a British show btw). It's breakfast, and Edith brings Archie his plate. Archie: Edith, what is this? Edith: Tongue. I thought we'd try something new. Archie: Tongue?! Are you out of your mind? I'll never eat anything that came out of a cow's mouth. Now bring my my eggs and crispy bacon! I recall that in Viet Nam, dog meat is popular. In Thailand, various forms of fried insects are popular offerings from the street vendors.
Hox
Anonymous's picture
There have been reports that north of Watford people put mushy peas and curry sauce on chips.
gail
Anonymous's picture
they eat a lot of fermented bean paste in Japan which is disgusting.... but then again I like blue cheese which is basically mould, mmm, yummy yummy.
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Some places in the far east they eat cats apparently. Just imagine, eating pussy!
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Badda Boom Badda Bing ....'tis indeed a fur piece to go for a joke there, Missi....
nancy
Anonymous's picture
haggis has to be one of the most disgusting things i've heard of.. and in egypt we have something similar.. 'cept instead of stomach.. it's intestines.. yuk.. but i think every country in the world has its strange tastes.. that seem normal to them.. but to a foreigner they seem awful..
muzz
Anonymous's picture
yes dude that is sick
piglet
Anonymous's picture
I once ate a fried cockroach. It tasted quite nice, actually.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Deep-fried locust (not bad, nice an' crunchy) Camels balls (rather tough) Camels liver (ditto, very leathery) Sheeps eyeballs (wasn't keen on that, but it would've been VERY rude to refuse) Fermented soya pasta (miso) is delicious and makes a really tasty soup - rich and almost meaty, without the toxins. Marvellous with certain types of seaweed. And it's incredibly healthy, full of protein - yum!
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Andrea, your culinary adventures are disgusting.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Disgusting maybe - interesting certainly.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
It's what makes life so marvellously ridiculous...
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Sheep's brains in the market square in Marrakesh. Slimy and horrible. Haggis - yummy, yummy, yummy. Jellied eels (my Dad's favourite) - spiny and slimy and disgusting. Snails, blue cheese, liver, tongue, all very good! McDonalds - the second most revolting thing I've ever tasted. The worst is KFC - what do they put in it? Why do people eat that disgusting muck?
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Muzz, The thing about the monkey brains is that the poor animals are alive while the meal is in progress. The belief is that eating the brains of a living animal has all sorts of properties that promote good health. Sick huh?
Paulgreco
Anonymous's picture
Haggis gets such a bad press. Ingredient-wise, it's not a whole lot different to sausage. With haggis-slaggers tend to eat with gusto (Lips 'n' arseholes, etc etc.)
cazsteed
Anonymous's picture
This is a dish just eaten in Scotland I think - A battered Mars Bar! It's when you pour batter like you get on fish on a Mars bar, fry it and eat it. Like biting into a heart attack. Yum yum :b
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Several chip shops in my area serve fried Mars bars. Essex has always been a tasteless part of the country.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
That's what I thought PaulG - it's only the bit AROUND the...um...dish that's so...er...disturbing. The stomach, like. The actual CONTENT is much like shepherds pie, innit? Without the...ahem...shepherd. Onions, mince (though Gawd knows what actually IS minced), carrots, etc, no? Personally I find tripe 'n' onions a FAR more unappetising prospect. Even worse than sheeps brains, which are actually quite tasty if cooked correctly. Agree totally on the jellied eels though, TC. Very nasty.
Cruella_de_vlle
Anonymous's picture
Jellied eels are actually tasty if you first scrape or pull the black rubbery skin off and throw it away, douse the remaining white fish liberally with vinegar and pepper, suck the flesh off the bone, dip a chunk of bread in the jelly and eat with the flesh, then spit the bone out in the street by the side of the eel stall. Pie Mash and Liquor anyone? (strange green slimy parsley sauce) best served with...vinegar and pepper of course. Haggis is ok if eaten in the traditional manner - liberally doused with whiskey. Food that's alive, now that's really disgusting.
freda
Anonymous's picture
there's a part of a chicken called Parsons Nose (its bum in fact). Can you imagine a dish of battered bumbits served as a delicacy maybe with roquette?
Topic locked