Writing Retreat

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Writing Retreat

We, that is to say the Norwich crowd, are off for a week's writing retreat in the Peak District. I've got the addresses for a few competitions, and I'm going to spend the week writing poetry and short stories. Hopefully floods of shockingly good new material will hit the site as soon as we get back. Hopefully.

lexy
Anonymous's picture
I can't write poetry unless i'm amid chaos i reckon the m1 is probably a good substitute for home should i need a change. preferably a dangerous roundabout with enough room for a tent
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Andrew O'Donnell with a name like that are you Irish? mainly ask as was married to an Irish man for a number of years and love the Irish the accent and the company and so miss it now. Have writen all this on here before but don't think you had joined us then...
andoru odoneru
Anonymous's picture
Yes.. I was here here when you said that. I`m quite thorough in an ABC kind of way. My great great great great massif grandfather was Irish. But I`m from a town that dares to be situated close to Bury.. so much for the romance. `We would wake up three hours before we went to bed.. we would sleep to the sound of nutting` etc Luxury.
Paulerico fredgrecio
Anonymous's picture
I don't doubt. The Norwich posse, nuff respect, dey got da terri big scrotum sack to back up da bullshit...ya mann. Rokkit, thou is a shining star. Got so much time for you and your work. Let's hope you hit your peak in the district, mixin up dem flavas in da area... ahhhhite word.
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
Such earnestness is beguiling for sure.
Paulerico fredgrecio
Anonymous's picture
Huh? I *am* actually earnest about the Norwich crew. Pure talent. The only feelings of bitterness are centred around them being so good and self-knowing at such a tender age, whilst I spent my time at 18/19/20 pissing my world up against a wall, treading social water, and getting nowhere in life. Now, I'm getting somewhere slowly- but cause I started too late - I wish I'd had their self-awareness. Graaaaaaaaaaaah! Good lads!
Paulerico fredgrecio
Anonymous's picture
Sorry (Beef) didn't mean to sound sexist... good lads, and lasses! Peace all.
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Never thought it would get worse, haven't had this before. As soon as this thread went up I was the first to post saying how nice it would be to be there. Now where has that post disappeared to or was it banned or something because I have never posted to Rokkit before and remember thinking this is a first. Can someone please explain without the usual banter...
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
Glad you told us, guys. Maybe this is the chance for us plodding nine-to-five hacks to gain a few cherries in a lean spell until the editors are dazzled again by the creative brilliance of the young Turks from Norfolk (they're bootiful!).
andoru odoneru
Anonymous's picture
You have your doubts, I suspect, Jay, ..because I am generally a sarky bastard ..and it is never easy to tell when I am serious and when I am kidding unless you know me very well. Regards Andrew. PS-My real name is Andrew O'Donnell.. I just find the Asian pronunciation that much more appealing and funny.
andoru odoneru
Anonymous's picture
I lost a post yesterday Jay.. God knows.. the thread fairy?
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Oh Andoru have just posted a thread about you, and just seen the above so maybe you are for real, but why do I still have my doubts...
Topic locked