*hic*

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
*hic*

Well, after a year of bloody hard slog *slurp*, today's the Official Release Date of Voices from the Web, UKA's first anthology *hic*.

All the review copies have been flogged *swig* and the 'proper' production copies (which include (snippets of)rave reviews on the back cover and a few other tweaks here and there)are rolling off the printing press (or whatever you call the bloody thing) as we speak.

I've just done a dirty deal with the publisher, too *hic*, who's kindly agreed (after much grovelling)that I can offer ABC'ers (many of whom are in it - thanks and congrats, guys)and UKA'ers a 3 quid discount over the Xmas period. Roll up! Roll up! *falls over*.

As I think I might have mentioned before *hic*, the thing's 404 pages and contains more than 80 pieces of fantastic prose and poetry from members of ABC and UKA, so a veritable snip at £9.99 *burp*

If you want to purchase a copy for granny or Uncle Bert, you can do so from here (see, I ain't THAT pissed):

*belch*

Huge thanks too, to all who donated a poem (or two, or three)to the book Bluechrome and UKA are setting up for Youth Sports UK, A Sporting Chance. Hope we manage to bail those guys out of the sh.it as all proceeds from the book will go to them. Will, of course, let you all know when it's available *hic*. The idea, natch, is so get it published and available before (dare I mention this?)The Festive Season.

Hugely chuffed about the whole thing and am busy patting myself on the back with wet spaghetti as we speak.

Right, back to the UKA party...

*hic*

[%sig%]

Bus Driver
Anonymous's picture
Andrea, gancy a drink? *passes the stoli*
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Oooh, ta. Don't mind if I do...
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Shouldn't that be dancy a frink? Either way, congrats on the book. I've got my copy (a collector's item WITH the little errors) and it's quite a nice volume.
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
Congratulations, Andrea, and all at UK Authors!! *Downs Lemsip*
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Fascinating...
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Well worth the money. Buy it now!
Topic locked