is this story worth reading?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
is this story worth reading?

hello,
ive been submitting work to this website for a while now, on and off, and never really thought much about the people who read it, but recently ive become very interested to here what people think about my writing. i suppose this isn't completely unnatural.
anyway, if anyones got the time and can be bothered i would like to know what you think of a short story i wrote. you can find it at www.abctales.com/story/59399
its about drugs but don't let that put you off, its by and large a true story and i think LSD is the most interesting drug of all. please any comments, questions and criticisms will be most interesting and valuable to me.
yours faithfully
Oliver Franks

Warren Weisman
Anonymous's picture
I don't think it's either fortunate or unfortunate, it is simply impossible to get someone who has never taken powerful hallucinogens to verbally experience what one is going through during the actual effects of it. It comes across as a Joyce-like stream of consciousness piece that - although profoundly significant to any author who attempts to describe it - is tough to get any meaning across with. I know of no authors - other than Hunter S. Thompson - who can successfully involve those who have not taken them. Acid is so far out of most people's everyday experience there's no points reference for them to grasp. What is truly interesting is what the person who takes the hallucinogen comes back with from the altered state and how they use what they were given access to. I would definately recommend continuing to write about the subject as a creative outlet. Warren
Topic locked