For what it is worth.

105 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Proof please.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Search the history, you're one tosser I WOULDN'T send threads to.
...
Anonymous's picture
So................ you haven't any proof then missi? Your word against Hen's. Proof, we need proof man!
PG
Anonymous's picture
The original theme of this thread is: You can't smell the scent of rosehip from an asshole. and so it remains.
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Right. So you make up a bunch of shit, and then you have nothing to back it up. Great.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Good to have you back in the fold dicko.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Look for it like you did last time, maybe this time you'll get it right.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Jason/PG whoever you are ... if you told us who you were then your comments might be taken seriously - as it is, they're just silly. Page width has been taken on board - it'll be top of my list next week. Thanks for the support from the serious people!
Hen
Anonymous's picture
You're a bald-faced liar, and that's all there is to it.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
OOOOO! Page width being addressed! Good on ya Tony, I withdraw all those horrid comments I was gonna start making.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
It will be very interesting discussing this with you next time we meet.
...
Anonymous's picture
Just some proof, that's all it takes.
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Might as well submit my version of what happened. I think these forums should be moderated. Paul agrees. So did Chant, and Mykle. There are arguments for, and arguments against. When this issue was first seriously raised, Missi, in typical fashion, was not content with having his say - he had to invent ludicrous alterior motives for anyone with a different opinion. He insisted at the time that we were trying to boot him off the site so that we could rule it as some kind of tyrannical government, despite no one suggesting anything of the sort, or vying for power in any way. What he 'remembers', and no doubt expects other people to remember, is his own skewed interpretations of events at the time, rather than the events themselves. Chant, who is very nice, and always-but-always polite, gave up on the forums shortly after, very wisely. Paul went on a mad rampage as a troll, initially to prove a point, but carried on, I suspect, because he lost so much respect for various people during that argument that he genuinely doesn't care what anyone here thinks of him anymore. I have no idea about this Mykle incident. It's probably an unrelated/sideline thing that Missi has factored into his revisionist history.
smillieboy
Anonymous's picture
Yeah, let's moderate these forums. Let's exclude everyone who can't let go of their sad past and actually doesn't give a shit about this site and who just wants to have a wank over what they perceive as some terrible past injustice, on a fucking website. This isn't life. [%sig%]
ritawritesORnot
Anonymous's picture
>>it'll be top of my list next week.<< Where have we heard that one before?
OED
Anonymous's picture
it's 'ulterior' hen me lad
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Hi Paul.
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Point.
Brownie_1
Anonymous's picture
Sigh....
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
>> I have no idea about this Mykle incident. It's probably an unrelated/sideline thing that Missi has factored into his revisionist history. << I don't really know why I'm bothering, I suppose I just feel the need to show Jon Stone to be the very person he accused me of being. Author: Henstoat's Mother (---.proxy.aol.com) Date: 02-20-03 13:07 I am in favour of the woman's right to choose abortion..i wish i had. I am now campaigning for Abortion in Hindsight which allows a mother the right to have her boychild removed from the human race if it looks like he might grow into a man with a dangerous but imagined grievance against women or any other members of the human race perceived to be weaker. Mykle if I remember rightly you were posing as Hen Stoat’s Mother and suggesting that she wished she had had an abortion – something that, understandably, didn’t amuse Hen at the time. However you forgot to change back to your true identity when replying to a different thread and so you were ‘outed’. Missi has been exposed as HenStoat’s Mother and other abusive trolls. Here are some of the addresses he has used recently : mississippi (213.78.64.---) (213.78.72.---) (213.78.73.---) (213.78.91.---) Pa Troll (213.78.86.---) O sa ma Papa (213.78.87.---) but he also use AOL proxies for his most abusive posts! missi I have never used an AOL tag, I have never had access to an AOL tag. And not all 213.78.... tags are me. paul greco I didn't know til now Missi had been "outed" with regards this. However, today, the only thing proven without all doubt was that one Mississipi, a member for a long long time, posted this as "Henstoat's Mother". You've just lied about not having never used a proxy tag, Missi. You used one here. If you lied about this, you could be lying about not being the major troll and perpetrator of hate campaigns. This was a poisonous, nasty post and one of the reasons I have become so anti-troll - it still genuinely upsets me when I think of it now. So don't ever accuse me of being a bully again til you get your own puddled viscious mind in order. Missi - you have been exposed. you're a sad troll who loves trolling and making jokes about people's mums wanting retrospective abortions and you gave yourself away by trolling badly missi This isn't about trolls anyway and never was, it's about a bully-boy teacher from the midlands who along with a few pals are determined to get their own way. And I wasn't swearing when I called him a c.unt, I was making a statement of fact. Mykle, you and your pathetic mates couldn't drive me to drink let alone off this or any other site. For starters you're not bright enough nor witty enough. hen Author: Hen (---.proxy.aol.com) Date: 04-25-03 10:30 The Henstoat's mother example is exactly the reason I want these anti-trolling measures. I was furious about that when it was an 'anonymous' troll. Somehow, once Missi was outed, it didn't seem so bad. Author: Mykle (---.cvx1-b.hud.dial.ntli.net) Date: 04-26-03 09:37 I find I have made a mistake which has had grievous consequences. On checking I find that Missi was posting as Mrs Stone and not necessarily as Henstoat’s Mother - the difference is of course crucial as Mrs Stone was not an AOL proxy. I apologise to everyone who has been mislead by my mistake and hope that this apology goes some way toward rectifying the situation. Mykle (---.cvx1-b.hud.dial.ntli.net) Date: 04-26-03 21:44 I’ve found it quite difficult to write this reply, Missi, but I’m grateful for your magnanimous response to my apology - I must say I expected derision and scorn. I'm sorry I inferred you were a liar - and pleased to find that I have misjudged you: I’ll try not to do so again.
...
Anonymous's picture
Er... can you explain please as I can't see the proof in that pasted message. ta
radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
This is still better than television.
radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Hitch, First of all, I singled out the management of ABCTales as a target, not Liana. Liana came in and asked me a question and I answered her. She put herself into the middle of this one, not me. So in that regard, fuck off. I have no apology for anything nor anyone. I'll say as I like and I call them as I see them. Anybody that doesn't agree, fine with me. Tony was man enough to respond and I kept the subject to his response. I just love it when people have to change the subject to draw attention to themselves. LIke somebody having a fit at a funeral. Miss, are you a tenor or baratone? We can sing together next time we need to complain. Nothing wrong with a little harmony.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
For what its's also worth, I couldn't give a flying hoot what you think about me. I merely asked you a simple question, in a simple manner - your response was ungracious, uncalled, spiteful and unwarranted. I didn't change the subject to me, YOU did. If other people posted to make their opinions known, then that's nothing to do with me. What you have said speaks volumes about you, rather than me.
notPG
Anonymous's picture
Liana being priggish again. As you'd expect.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Ah well, I'd hate to let you down. How's married life?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Denver, I have known Liana for the entire life of this forum, in fact we crossed swords initially, BUT I have never seen her threaten anybody here. She has also been as staunchly AGAINST censorship as I have, and has been side by side with me in my fights to preserve freedom of speech on this site when the likes of dicko and hen were trying to suffocate it. I also know she has done far more for the site than anybody outside the management. I know her personally and whatever you may think I can assure you she is a lovely woman who wouldn't harm a fly. We all know the site has probs though the current bout of slagging that dicko is indulging is just his usual crap. If you want to scuffle with someone you couldn't do better than him. He REALLY hasn't done anything for ABC except be a boil on its arse. Liana is my friend and I'll defend her to all and sundry. Actually if you re-read her initial post on this thread you'll see that she agreed with most of your points; she was on your side fer fucks sake.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Dicko, I can only assume that your re-emergence here has something to do with the state of your mariage. Surely the lovely Karen has cleaned her glasses and seen what it is she actually maried? Is she out cuckolding you?
John
Anonymous's picture
Yha! If i could get the dam volume to work..
ritawrongs
Anonymous's picture
Listen mate, you go on about free speech and all that crap, but do you realise that you and all the others like you are actually harming this site beyond repair? Free speech is great if you have the ability to know that sometimes there is a time to hold your tongue, practise restraint and a bit of tact. Just because some people say things that you disagree with, don't mean you HAVE to reply in the general tone of a football hooligan. You will not even answer the question as to whether you behave 'the abc way' in your real life. The diplomacy & tact elements required for social interaction are totally removed when your type post on here and it's only because you know you are safe. Behaviour like yours would be met with certain physical aggression if you were to act like it in the real world. I'm sure that face-to-face you are darling because, like everyone, you are two faced. However, on here you can use the face that HAS TO be hidden in the non-cyber capacity.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Are you standing in for stephy tonight? I must insist, about Karen?
radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Liana, Re-read the thread...I never mentioned you. You came in moaning about some past grevience towards me, I replied. Sorry you didn't like the reply, too bad. If you don't want to hear my answers, don't ask me questions...that simple. By all accounts, many here think you're a wonderful person, it's probably safe to assume that I don't share that opinion of your online persona. By my accounts, I find you to be obnoxious and overbearing towards me and I reply in kind. Don't like it, too bad. In the grand scheme of life, you add up to about .000000001 percent of nothing that has an impact on me. If you would like to have a rational conversation with me, I've held the olive branch out before and it stays where you can reach it. Start looking down your long nose at me, you'll get the tongue!
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I refer you to the first line of my 18.14 post.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
The way I read it, Liana was curious as to why you appeared to have changed your position on this issue. I don't believe she was trying to open up an old sore.
Brownie_1
Anonymous's picture
I'm interested Radio... Only in your positive side. Please - I have never once raised my tone or really written in a sence of attitude, other than to say should this site offend you so much as to tell you to stop logging into it... However I have read and re-read most of this thread and agree with a lot that has been said. You included. - YEs you included. So... Going forward and I mean forward, how do you think we could all take this site forwards and upwards and onwards??? Not that I have any way of changing or do any of it you understand, but I am interested in your thoughts, (Genuinely interested, before you even think of muttering another word of rudeness or foul insult.) I do think we could all benefit from your knowledge as you say you have your own and have been running it for a while. May we have a look at some of your items in your discussion groups? Maybe some of us can see just how to behave? Or even see where we are all going wrong. >>>smiles and yes you could eat me alive, but only if I let you. Smiles again, most of us do agree with you to some extent..<<
fay
Anonymous's picture
I think it is a wonderful idea to utilise contributors' expertise! It must be very frustrating for people capable of setting up and running websites to find the one they like to hang out in struggling a bit, and not be able to help. I had not realised Mr Handelaar was doing this in spare time out of kindness, so THANKYOU to him :0) Maybe getting users to help would be like too many cooks spoiling the broth, I don't know. IS anyone out there with the knowledge to help willing to do so for free?
...
Anonymous's picture
Yeah, mississippi - He a jack of all trades and master of none.
radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
George, You're trying very hard to be a healer and it's admirable, if not a bit out of character for you, but hats off. Liana, I wish no further bad blood between us. We have our different opinions; lets find some common ground and take it from there. You show me a little respect and I’ll show you a little…fair enough. Brownie, you're more than welcome to visit either of these two sites and comment as freely as you like on the contents. I'll be more than happy to publish your opinions and writings also if they are up to snuff. This is one of my published web sites. Fairly new, relevant to your reply. My own personal page with a small sampling of a few of my stories. As I said at the very top of this thread and as I'll repeat.... A rant! My apologies to anyone offended by my opinions, but I’m a man of free will and a writer and by God, I’m going to say what’s on my mind. I'd rather see intelligent and heated conversation than a bunch of drivel from people that can't contribute meaningful thought. Now, I have to go to the mountains and make some snowmen…
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Ah! So this is the Mykle incident. I remember it, but quite why you think this is significant to the moderation issue is beyond me.
Hen
Anonymous's picture
*Awaits point-dodging quip along the lines of 'so much else is beyond you too'*
Brownie_1
Anonymous's picture
Ohh! I just love a happy ending... I can go to bed now and sleep sweetly... Zzzzzzzz
A Passerby
Anonymous's picture
Author: smillieboy (---.server.ntli.net) Date: 12-06-04 22:34 >............This isn't life. It is to Missipissi Sad isn't it? [%sig%]
rose deslynham
Anonymous's picture
wel that wuz a gaime of too halfs, what say yoo, alann!?
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Gary (and others), if you wish to remain here and restore ABC to the site that attracted you in the first place then you have to work to make it work. Put your hand in your pocket, work to get the discuss writing forum back on track and stop feeding the trolls. When in life did you get something this good for nothing? OK so the functionality of the site leaves a bit to be desired at the moment, but come on. It's not unusable, it's not the end of the world, and at the moment, it's free. Put your toys back in your pram and learn the lesson that not everything in life is smooth as a silver platter all the time. (and if you or anyone else thinks that the editorial / Management side of ABC can continue to function without money then you know Jack shit about running a business like this.)
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I agree with most of what you say. However, when I have offered up the same opinions, you have blasted me for them. What changed?
radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Liana, I blasted you when you advocated censorship and resorted to calling people names and making threats under the guise of some semi-official oblique insider cronyism. You are entitled to your opinions as anyone should be, but you cross the line when you make threats and call people other people names (myself included), when not contributing much in the way of writing or useful feedback on others writings. My post is directed at the inability of the ABCTales management to get a grip on functionality of the site, it’s decent into anarchy and my frustration over the loss of a decent format for presenting my relatively meaningless writings for critique and ability to read other’s works. This is a management problem. Lack of vision, interest, skills, who knows what.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Make threats????? And - wait - you are saying I don't contribute feedback?I think you'll find dear, that you are way off on that front. The rest isn't worth commenting on.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
It's actually lack of money, rd. We have to depend on the kindness of others to keep going and to keep our excellent Talecatching scheme in operation. Stephen and I have to take on 'other work' to try and make a living whilst keeping this site going. We all love ABCtales and what it can do. We have to start behaving as a decent and responsible community and stop the abuse and nonsense. The upgrade is not perfect. I accept that. We are working to improve it and you may have to wait a while as those who are doing it are busy elsewhere making a living - but we are still the most vibrant, open and honest writing site on the net - and we will continue to be just that.
radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Tony, I do fully understand the difficulties and I am not unappreciative of your and others efforts. I’m being sincere when I say that. You have a wonderful and exceptional product here and I just hate more than words can describe to see it go to the dogs. I trust you’re doing your best. We all have other lives, that much is a given. One has to pay the bills and things like this are more a labor of love. Please don’t take my comments as a personal attack, because they are not. I live and function in a corporate publishing world and excellence in publishing quality is my watchword. I can assure you that my criticism is intended to be constructive (even if emotional and generally negative). I can also assure you that if the quality of my work was such, I’d be out of work. Consider it an ass chewing from somebody that actually gives a shit. Keep the faith, and keep trying…what else can one do? Liana, I’m not going to bicker with you. There’s no point to it.
Truly Scrumptious
Anonymous's picture
"This is a management problem. Lack of vision, interest, skills, who knows what" Five minutes later becomes "Please don’t take my comments as a personal attack". I spy a contradiction.

Pages

Topic locked