28 years old.

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
28 years old.

Well, I turned 28 yesterday and had a very nice day wandering around Norwich with my sister and my boyfriend, eating tasty food and being bought a couple of very nice presents indeed, especially a really big candle stick painted all different colours and a tea pot that is dark blue and squat and kind of mandarin in style. It is a beautiful tea pot, and I like it because it is something I couldn't have justified buying for myself, yet it is perfect and I can use it to make nice cups of tea. My boyfriend also bought me the latest Sharpe novel, so a bit of unadulterated heroic reading is in order over the next week.

Today is the last day I will be able to use the uea computers, as my way of doing so ends this weekend. Ahhh, so long internet and long hours trying to write a novel here. It's paper and pen for me until I can buy a computer of my own and sign up to the web.

I will get to check my email once a week from a friend's computer - hurrah - so do stay in touch.

I have had a lovely time coming on here all the time - and the abc event was brill. I will definitely be there in June.

I'm still jobless so if anyone hears of anything anywhere in the country that they know I could do and would enjoy...let me know.

Now I'd better get home because I can't miss Dr Who...

mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Hayley, your local library will have PC's that are free to use for an hour at a stretch. Oh, and I hope you had a very happy birthday. I remember 28! Christ, I was 33 when you were born!
fergal
Anonymous's picture
Yes, well, um, I can't use my local library computers until I pay them the, er, um, big fine I owe them...*coughs*. You were 33 when I was born? I would never have known.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Borrow a friends ticket and use a branch where they don't know you.
jude
Anonymous's picture
Happy birthdaY to you etc I make myself 10 months, 16 weeks and an oyster older than you! But seriously - I won't wish you anything more than you have alreedy won by yourself. Godspeed and sloppy kisses. j
maxwell eddison
Anonymous's picture
Happy belated birthday. I watched the reading you performed at the event and very much enjoyed it ;)
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Happy 28th Haley..
Liana
Anonymous's picture
happy birthday darl... i would raise a glass to you, but i still havent recovered...
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Happy birthday, Red. Hope you get a job sorted soon. Have you checked out Cambridge? It's more hi-tech than ever since Microsoft moved in and the local rags seem inundated with ad's for reporters, sub-ed's and ed's... I can see your byline now. Mind you, the creative writing side of things seems a bit dull. I checked out, via the web, the writing/poetry groups and found them stunningly uninteresting. Following Mississippi's theme: I was 19 when you born and lived in Norfolk ... nearer KL than Norwich tho. Happy birthday again!
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
happy birthday...28, a bright young thing, i was in 2nd year at grammar school when you were born....
jacques
Anonymous's picture
Happy birthday fergal, I'm turning 36 in two weeks.
jude
Anonymous's picture
Happy Birthday! You are the same age as me now!!! 28 is great!
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Happy belated birthday Ferg...Just a pup, enjoy it while it lasts....
Emma
Anonymous's picture
A belated happy birthday, Haley!
RhodeIslangGirl
Anonymous's picture
Happy Belated from me also! Your day sounded very nice and casual and glad you enjoyed your presents! I used to tell my ex husband the best gift he could give me was a book or expensive pen and paper. You know he never bought either. You see he is ex...hardhead LOL
Topic locked