The Short Reignreinrain Of The King by Little Ditty

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Short Reignreinrain Of The King by Little Ditty

"The Queen. The most powerful piece on the board - the one which moves alone, like a Draught piece, sweeping, guarding and charging - with no need to double up - to warn, protect, defend, support, attack and slaughter - the Mother of all pieces. A circle of power in her square. I smile back and there is a deeper understanding shared again and anew - we see again why we play this game. Queens. Our pieces will look at each other, like women do."

I don't like the title too much, or the use of wordplay such as draft/draught which I thought a bit obvious, but I was quite won over by the description of how women regard the game of chess, and the little rhymes which the sisters sing to each other; I thought that this was a great example of showing sibling closeness without having to spell it out.

Thank you - what a nice looking cherry - i should think about the title, and if the childlike draft/draught thing is too much, if it can be changed a bit. Nicky

Thank you - what a nice looking cherry - i should think about the title, and if the childlike draft/draught thing is too much, if it can be changed a bit. Nicky

Topic locked