thisisnotmycountryJulietO'C

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
thisisnotmycountryJulietO'C

http://www.abctales.com/story/juliet-oc/this-is-not-my-country-edit

I read the original yesterday and thought it was well written, the edit is good as well. Go for the competition.
My only problem would be that I don't know when you could have possibly gone to sleep, it must have been 2008 or something because this country has never been so forgiving.It has always wanted an eye for eye, hence the amount of right wing press that love baying for blood in comparison to the liberal press who search for a way that may work. I say this both through life experiences and what I do today, ie taking part in public debate on the matter. My guess is you surround yourself by likeminded people
who believe the country is filled with liberal minded people, it's not, you've always been a minority.

ty for the encouragement nobody. i know liberal views in the current climate of 'terror' are diminishing and that is one of the reasons why i wrote this piece. But the press can bay for blood all they like - at the moment i live in a country who's majority have not elected a government intent on reinstating the death penalty and i just hope it stays that way, though everyday the BNP seem to make further strides and gain more seats. Juliet Juliet

Juliet

Maybe that's because no political party has offered it. I talk in the media quite regularly on the crime and punishment issue, believe me the response from the public would suggest they would happily embrace the death penalty. Mostly due to the right wing media in my opinion, but they would love an eye for an eye. nobody
thanks to all those that read this - but i have taken it off for now as it needs a rewrite. Juliet

Juliet

Topic locked