40 years

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
40 years

The killer of the little girl, Toni-Ann Byfield, got 40 years in the slammer. Not a day too much, in my view. Murderers of children are especially grotesque and deserve nothing. The fact that he has retained his life is more than the little girl. or her father, who he also murdered. I remember this case well, since I worked in the area at the time it happened; I was horrified and very depressed by it. I remember thinking, what kind of society have we become when 9 year old children can be shot in the back in their own homes by gun toting drug pushers?

I am glad he's been locked away. Scant comfort for the girl's mother. If only more murders and crimes against children were equally well dealt with.

It is depressing. It happens every day. Some would say that if you're a participant in and a supporter of capitalism then you have children's blood on your hands. problem is: where do you draw the line at socially accpetable murder and non-socially acceptable murder - and is there really any difference? sad, bad world. Funny ole world. We feel sad, angry and depressed at such gruesome acts, but don't always realise that we wholeheartedly contribute to it every day of our lives.

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

I feel very very sorry for the little girl. The father was apparently a drug dealer himself, so for the rest of us, we're now TWO drug dealers short. Fucking good job!

Topic locked