The poem I want to write this year

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The poem I want to write this year

I thought I would make a writing new years resolution from now on.
This year its shall be to write a poem in which each line contains a nugget of some sort, be it metre or an image or whatever. And that it uses as few unecessary linking words which do not contribute to the communication of the poem, as possible.

Anyone esle care to make any?

Hannah x

Write more and better short stories. Read more and better short stories. And what span said, but about short stories. Cheers, Mark

Read more, write more. That's about it. Your idea sounds interesting, Span. Hope it's a spur.
I fully agree with that approach span. Economical writing is the way forward in 2007.
Publisher has asked for a book. My resolution is to write some poems to go in it.

Congrats Buk. I plan to start on my next novel, fed up with going over and over something. nobody
I really want to write some new performance poems. I keep getting stuck. I think my resolution is to listen to my own advice and write more crap stuff, rather than just not bothering 'because it won't be any good'.
The poem I want to write this year is longer - much longer - than anything I've done before. I feel that sustaining a high standard through a four or five page poem would be a really incredible challenge. I know what I want to write the poem about and I've started making notes... but putting it together will be different. Joe
Thank you for posting this thread Span. My resolution is to get some feedback so I can work out what my resolution should be! So this thread has inspired me to sign up for the 11 week poetry course with John stammers at City Lit. jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

Nice one Jude. John Stammers ist gut!
I really like the City Lit - I've been to loads of courses there. I haven't been to the John Stammers poetry one but I went to Julia Casterton's version of the same thing for a couple of years. It was really good.

Topic locked