Becks is back...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Becks is back...

So second-choice-Steve McLaren has lurched from the clear belief the Becks shouldn't even be in his squad, to the firm view that he is the best right-sided midfielder in the world.

Is Becks back for good (or at least until Euro 2008)?

Will he be able to carry on playing international football once he starts playing his club games on the magic pitches in Disneyland?

McLaren was an idiot for taking Golden Balls out of the squad in the first place; he's no longer in his prime, physically but he's still a damn good player. I thought he tried especially hard during the match; he clearly had a lot to prove, bless. I wonder if The Stick Insect will have to sell their new 11-bedroom mansion and move back, closer to Europe? No telling if Becks will stay on the squad past Euro. There were some spectacular one-game comebacks in the past, weren't there?
*yawns* When the power of love overcomes the love of power, we'll find peace. - Jimi Hendrix

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

"I wonder if The Stick Insect will have to sell their new 11-bedroom mansion and move back, closer to Europe?" They can probably afford to hang on to it. Agree, Becks is still good. I don't think he'd ever have been dropped if he hadn't been so famous.

Topic locked