you crossed my sky

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
you crossed my sky

I’ve written a rather long story called Guardians a while back now, and was given some excellent advice by the writers from abctales. Rather than tackling the rewrite straight away I started writing stories that were familiar to me, short stories about what I know best; amusing, funny, sometimes poignant experiences that I've had with my friends and family. It's been really enjoyable and strangely emotional at times, but the experience has been great practice for my story writing.

I stumbled across this wonderful website called You Crossed MY Sky that seemed to sum all the things I was writing about, I've copied the first paragraph from the site;

'During our lifetimes we will never run out of the endless opportunities to say something profound to our loved ones but we find it easier to stifle our inner feelings into bite-sized sentences. Sometimes an 'I love you!' or a 'thank you!' a 'sorry!' or an 'I miss you!' is simply not enough.

http://www.youcrossedmysky.com/

It's quite a new site, but a lovely one to read, explore and use.

Enzo v2.0
Anonymous's picture
Martin, I can only speak for myself, but I would be far more inclined to visit youcrossedmysky if it's owner didn't pretend to have "stumbled across it". I hope I've got that wrong an apologise if I have - It's just that I don't like being lied to very much. http://ezinearticles.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2739 Cheers Ben
Accepted and noted: your absolutely right I do own the website but the idea really did come from my frustration and not wanting to start rewriting a story which was very close to my heart. I never realized I could simply publicize another website within abctales and yes it was a pathetic effort on my part at trying to hide that. I believe www.youcrossedmysky.com has merit within the writing community. It provides writers, especially beginners like me, the opportunity to write about things they have an in depth knowledge of; their personal experiences and maybe within the process make someone who’s close to them smile…… That can’t be a bad thing? I do accept your comments and my sincere apologies for that. Martin
Funny you should mention this, because the other day I stumbled across this wonderful writer called 'Rokkitnite'. He seemed up sum up all the things I was writing about, I've copied the first paragraph from his site: 'Martin Beatt is a pillock.' I believe it has merit within the writing community.
in the interests of fairness i am going to start youpissedinmyfireworks.com here is my planned first paragraph ... 'During our lifetimes we will never run out of the endless opportunities to say something insulting to the people we can't stand but we find it easier to stifle our inner feelings into bite-sized sentences. Sometimes an 'I hate you!' or a 'you really piss me off!' a 'you're crap in bed!' or an 'I can't stand your family!' is simply not enough.
ivoryfishbone You forgot the bite sized ´you are a pillock´, but what a fantastic idea! I´ve just gone and bought the domain name. But for a small fee it´s yours...
ha! good on you ... i will be first in line to write great furious streams of invective ... can't wait ...
Topic locked