THE EXTREMELY ABRIDGED HISTORY, PRESENT & FUTURE OF PAUL ASKEW, IN FIVE DREAM SCENES

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
THE EXTREMELY ABRIDGED HISTORY, PRESENT & FUTURE OF PAUL ASKEW, IN FIVE DREAM SCENES

Dog's Bollocks

it is, isn't it.

There's no point in beating a dead dog, all the same I can't help but agree.

See what i did there Insert, I worked out how to do a link all by myself and was showing off. I'm sure i've read some AKT poems before, I don't think he/she is a newbie - but there are no other poems listed. Sometimes i read a poem and think, shit, that's so good it's absolutely pointless putting pen to paper ever again. I got my annual 'and the winner is' e-mail from the National Poetry Competition and have been pretty underwhelmed this year by the few i've read so far.. anyway if anyone's interested here's another link to prove the first one wasn't a fluke: http://www.poetrysociety.org.uk/content/competitions/npc/

Yes, I did used to put up poems on here a while back, but, for reasons too annoyingly melodramatic to go into, I deleted them all. I couldn't have wished for a nicer return to this wonderful site. The feedback I've received for this poem has been a little overwhelming, in a wonderful way, and I honestly can't thank you all enough for your comments. Thank you all so much. AKT. xx

Hello AKT. Your poem is smashing. I also used to delete all my stuff; I'd suddenly take a dislike to it or get paranoid I'd been found out by people I know or some such shoit. I've stopped bothering about it now and it's sort of nice to build up a little collection. Hope you'll let this one stay put, hope to see many more in the future.

Fatboy, I followed your link and had a look at those winners. It's not something I've come across before, yeah I was a little 'underwhelmed' too. Considering the quality that appears on ABC on a daily basis. I did think some of the commended poems were good though, now I too am gonna try a link for the first time http://www.poetrysociety.org.uk/content/competitions/npc/commendations11... I was very taken with Ian McEwen's 'Our Lady of the Pylons,' and Liz Berry's 'Birmingham Roller,' well worth a look

Hi sid, it's funny you say that, apart from last year when I thought the winner, should have been the winner (from the ones we get to see), I usually find my favourites in the commendations. Thanks for the link back, i'll check them out. I echo sid's wishes akt about seeing more of your writing - a great way to start again.

Topic locked