How do you know?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
How do you know?

Hi

I recently signed up and posted the first part of a story I'm writing.  It was cherry picked and I got lots of reads and nice comments (and I got notification of the comments).  Encouraged, I posted part 2 and didn't notifications and didn't get cherry picked but did get some really great comments so the second peice is considered good. Is there any way of asking editors for feedback on why they think one part is good and another not so good - it would be so helfpful for me to improve otherwise I'm just a bit confused.  Having said that  - so far I am having a very good abc tales experience and love the site even if I can't figure out how to get my notifications (I have selected the be informed of all but it isn't happening).  I hope this is the appropraite place to ask these questions.  Thanks.  Hammy.

cryingHi hammy,

I left a comment on your story in response to some of the above:

http://www.abctales.com/story/hammy/god-constipation-and-universe-2

I can't say why your notifications aren't getting through to you.  If you have the 'receive notifications via email' box ticked then you should get a ping when someone leaves a comment.  It used to be that if a story got cherry picked an email would come through about it.  This doesn't happen now - or at least not for me.  I will get someone from the technical team to look into the above queries and hopefully something will get done to sort it out.

they wouldn't be going into your spam folder would they?

Blimey - you guys are so helpful - thanks for getting back to me.  Some stuff is coming through but it is a bit random. Tonight - I got a few things I think as they were sent so maybe it was just some kind of delay with me being new.  I am assuming forum posts don't come as notifications becuase I had to remember to check this.  Maybe I am just impatient!  Will maybe wait til account  has been active for a few days.

generally forum posts should trigger a notification hammy - how odd that you didn't get one. Have you looked in your spam folder? Have you checked the email address you gave was the right one?