the URINE-8 experiment

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
the URINE-8 experiment

Hello all,

My apologies for this bald-faced if naff attempt at self-promotion, but without such efforts I'll have nothing (selling is an infinitely grimmer affair than writing).

I've put out a book, an essay really, the URINE-8 experiment, which is I thnik amongst my greatest work. 

blurb says

"In 2014, writer, low-level administrator and “roaring unsuccess” Nicholas Flower – struck by the impotent failure of his creative ambitions and the reverberating shock of recent fatherhood – devoted himself to the instigation of a cultural revolution (plus menial work for money), beginning in Norfolk and moving, as it must, ever west from there. 

At its centre was the self-styled Ballardian boyband URINE-8: wilfully unlistenable, cerebral and ludicrous, contemptuous and intellectual, subverting and deconstructing what a twenty-first century boyband could be and promoting a radical sexual ideology as a means of liberating the miserable and broken of the over-sexed if deeply unsexy postmodern age. 

A celebration of the lasting power of music to effect real change and the importance of dissent, this book is a hilarious, absurd defence of the necessity of free thought and impossible demands, and a ridiculous distillation of the cultural analyses of our woefully recent past."

if anyone wants to take a punt and buy a copy - and I assure you I can think quite easily of every reason why you wouldn't - I would be soaked with gratitude. It's a good 'un.

I like  your style and would buy the book but at the moment I know I wouldn't get the chance to read it but I wish you luck.