Douglas Adams!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Douglas Adams!

Did you all hear the news about him?

If i did hear it right and he is the 'Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy' creator......unfortunately it seems that he died early on Saturday...

I just thought it was a great loss to humour/sci-fi and wanted to say it saddened me...
anyone else want to say a few words in tribute? or not..your choice.

Sincerity_pill
Anonymous's picture
Considering you just left the other forum bumtickle.... I suspect you are taking the piss. Shame about the parrott
Camtickle
Anonymous's picture
Actually if you look at the times of the postings properly i was on here first and then went on other forum. So am not taking the piss. I've actually met him as i work in a bookshop and he was signing books.
richardw
Anonymous's picture
i can corroborate the bad news, this is on his official website www.douglasadams.com--- >>> Douglas Noel Adams 1952 - 2001 Douglas Adams died suddenly following a heart attack on the 11th May, 2001. The Digital Village as a registered company has ceased to exist. However, as a group of people who loved and worked with Douglas Adams, The Digital Village will continue for a long time. No-one from TDV can really accept or believe what has happened yet. Douglas just seemed like he would go on forever. Our thoughts are with Douglas' family and friends. <<< as our premier sci-fi humour writer, he made me shed tears in laughter and wrote compulsive page turners. i am really sad that the man is dead.
abc time checker
Anonymous's picture
The Douglas Adams thread in the other forum was started at 23.37 Your post in another thread in the same forum was at 23.54. So you should have seen the Adams thread. your post above was 00.04 Sorry if I mistook your identity. I thought you were someone else.
Camtickle
Anonymous's picture
yeah sorry you're right abc time checker. i was very tired though and only noticed it when i went back there later. my posting on there though was later than the one here. anyway all this is beside the point.....i just thought it would be nice for people to say something about him....and does it really matter if there is more than one forum asking for comments on him?
abc time checker
Anonymous's picture
No, of course it doesn't matter. I was tired too and, as I said, I thought you were taking the mickey. You obviously were not and for that assumption I apologise. I have already said sorry for thinking you were someone else. No hard feelings huh?
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
A very sad loss indeed. The Hitchhiker's Guide got my dyslexic son into reading and for that I am eternally grateful, as is my son, to Mr. Adams. Still, when he hits those perly gates all he has to say is "42" and all will be revealed. Slartibartfast rules as far I'm concerned.
camtickle
Anonymous's picture
no hard feelings at all abc time checker. glad that's sorted out. Also glad i'm not the one you thought I was.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
It is incredibly sad - who else could have made quantum physics entertaining? You might also be interested to know about this battle currently going on about the Hitchikers Guide website (H2G2) that was recently bought by the BBC "The H2G2 crowd, currently being conveyed around the universe by the Golgafrincham bureacracies of the BBC, aren't allowed to say a peep about it [the election]. The BBC, utterly terrified that H2G2's contributors aren't perfectly balanced between right and left (or, indeed, balanced at all), have settled on deleting everything that might be construed as hurtful to their fund-providing masters. And as is always the case in light-hearted communities, matters are now being taken far too seriously, with the rise of the ZAPHODISTAS to fight for... well, getting the new HELP feature replaced with the old "Don't Panic" button, at the very least. http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/HouseRules-Election http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A520769 Story taken from http://www.ntk.net
zedd
Anonymous's picture
Oh,bollocks. Who cares? Another snobby writer bites the dust. Big deal. Find something interesting to say and I'll get back to you.
exx
Anonymous's picture
crawl back into your hole you horrible little rodent
Topic locked