Ghost Written

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ghost Written

Anyone out there reading this by David Mitchell?

kimwest
Anonymous's picture
I'm a slow reader..I'm only just near the end now and I kind of agree about it dulling down. The frist part gave me loads of ideas..but it just seems to go on and on now.. and I think What's the point? I have this thing about finishing books no matter what..so I will go thro' top the end..maybe then I'll get it.Can you say what I could read of Haruki Murakami? I have read a short bit....but I can't remember what it was.. Initially when I read your comment Andrew I felt angry and wanted to defend my choice of book, by the way... I often read the first page and chuck a book out...but I hate ditching one when I've read a few chapters..
chant
Anonymous's picture
am about a third of the way through. so far, it's excellent and, in my opinion, a much better debut than White Teeth. still, from the sound of things, the standard drops. i'll be sorry if it does.
kimwest
Anonymous's picture
OOOOOOOOOOOOps..now I've finished it and began to hate it by the end...Hope that's not offensive chant..but the book hs so much potential..I loved the tiny linking fragments..but Ididn't think he could control it at the end..tell me what you think..I'd like to reason out my reaction
Marcus
Anonymous's picture
I read this and was really disappointed.....I think he's a really over-rated writer...it felt like some kind of puzzle book. I was always searching for the connections between the stories. The storied themselves were uneven and I felt he failed to express the central point.
Cornelia
Anonymous's picture
My sister has it, and read it recently. Does that count??? Should I ask to borrow the book from her?
kimwest
Anonymous's picture
you should...I think its fab
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
I read the first half with excitement and thought it was wonderful, then it really ground to a juddering halt. In retrospect, everything that is good he just pinched from Haruki Murakami anyway, who writes it with better warmth and humour. Not a bad book, but I'm always more disappointed by good books that don't deliver their potential, than an average book.
Topic locked