give me a title...pretty please

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
give me a title...pretty please

my fountain of inspiration appears to have run dry...or perhaps evaporated in this ridiculous heat.

http://www.your-poetry.com/userinfo-tease_whizz.html

the above address shows the evidence of the utter shite i've written recently.

so...if anyone has a title or inspiration point for me, i would most appreciate it.

i usually use the inspiration point from this site but it seems to have been 'sickness' for ages.

all help greatly appreciated.

Imo
Anonymous's picture
look, just do what you want to write and see if you get any flow of inspiration from there. If it helps write about something you've seen or heard about, and maybe your fountain will be rained upon.
ajax
Anonymous's picture
have you tried 'morning pages' type activity? you write whatever comes into your head. whatever rubbish or otherwise comes out. do it every day. either for three pages of a notebook or for a timed amount e.g. 15 /30/60 mins. 'writing down the bones' by natalie goldberg is an excellent place to go for help to get writing, as is 'the artist's way' by julia cameron. hth. ajax
ajax
Anonymous's picture
forget to say - the point of the morning pages type thing is that it allows you to switch off the 'internal editor' which keeps you stuck - it clears out all the stuff in your head and allows you to tap into the creative part of your brain. it is like doing writing aerobics every day
cleveland w. gibson
Anonymous's picture
Kate,sometimes the best way to write is to switch off. Get distracted. Go to the pub and relax. If you do excercise it helps. If you want to write something goo then you have to read something better. Have you got something that always pops into your mind making you think how fantastic. Wish I could write like that. Another way is to get excited about your first sentence. Put all you energy into it. It starts to make the creative juices flow. If you dropped a literary bomshell on your page how would you follow it up. You have to think quite positively. and that is good , for you. I gather you are writing poetry. Take a looka at metaphors. They say a lot. Can you use them in your work. Enough said . I guess I've said to much. But the point is get excited. Live your big dream. At least that way you will have a better time than somebody who stays on the tarmac and never flies. Good luck with your writing.
Topic locked