in case anyone didn't hear that

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
in case anyone didn't hear that

Author: Richard (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 04-11-04 11:09

Hi guys,

The time has come to tighten the reins of UKA to keep out the trolls and trouble makers. There are already plenty of well-known sites for the lowlifes to wreak havoc on and, as far as we're concerned, they can go back there.

UKA is a site for writers intent on improvement and commitment. We do have rules and perhaps, for some, we may be looked upon as 'little Hitlers' 'suppressors of free speech' or any one of the dozens of labels stuck on people intent on civility. We are not suppressors of free speech and we NEVER remove, alter, ban or stop members from expressing themselves... UNLESS...

Unless a member is bent on causing trouble, is not constructive in their argument, not polite and basically behaves in a manner or 'talks' in a manner that they would do if they were face to face with that person.

Poison, vitriol and hatred has no place on UKA and will not be tolerated.

Forums are ideal places for cowards afraid to reveal their true identities. I'm sure that most of the sniping, back stabbing and nastiness would never take place face to face.

Anyway. For those who would rather have a writers' site free of all the above then you know that UKA is the place to be. For the rest... there are loads of other sites to cause trouble on but sorry, you can't do it here.

NOW
Anyone who wants to use the UKA forums will need to register by emailing me here webmaster@ukauthors.com

The reason you can't register via this forum is that it's currently a bit buggered, but will be fixed asap.

We're altering the script so that once you've logged in via the main site, you will also be logged in on the forums, but of course you'll have to be a registered UKA member to do this.

Until then, please just email me with a desired username and password and I will enter the details as I receive them. I'll then email you back.

If you've already registered you should be able to login as Andrea has fixed any loooooooooooog user names that have occurred (this is a problem with the encryption bit). If you have registered but can't login, just email me with the details and I will fix.

Here's to a better UKA.

Cheers all,

Richard

[%sig%]

Hypocrite
Anonymous's picture
Little Sir Echo, we have seen this posted 3 times now! Not everyone needs to read things several times before they understand it, perhaps you should drink less or stop smoking the whacky backy. [%sig%]
Dai Javu
Anonymous's picture
please speak up, I didn't hear that. nice of you to join my little thread, whatever you said. isn't this infighting really terrible? when do these people get any time to write? please reply and keep this thread going, mr hypocrite. you're stupid, but I enjoy your company. [%sig%]
Topic locked