Prose Pentathlon

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Prose Pentathlon

Help! What is rich text and how do I apply it to my story attachment which at the moment is in word.

You click on Files in your text program (Word for you- I have works but can do the same.)- then Save As and then you can save it as rich text- RTF. Hope that's clear? I just got the tip from Wilkybarkid because I have Works not words.
Hello Pia, Thank you for replying so promptly. Where would I be without my ABC friends? Moya

Do we have to use the actual text in one of the five IPs or is it just a guide for what we should choose to write on?

It's just a guide Blighters-
Phew thanks guys I had no idea how to do rich text!Linda

Linda

Cheers Pia.

Hey, I can't see anything about it in the rules but just to check, do we need to say which inspiration point we have been inspired by in our emails?

M. Dugdale

I think it may be a good idea if you mention it- perhaps at the top of your story- that's what I did! Good luck!!
The IP used did not have to be mentioned in the previous (Poetry) Pentathlon, and you can use a combination of IPs if so inclined! (Just limbering up the old brain cells!) Linda

Linda

Thanks guys for your replies, though a bit contradictory they've helped me make up my mind :) I'm probably not going to mention the inspiration pint as it may give the reader some element of prejudice before reading the story. And they're just jumping off points really aren't they and don't neccessariy have massive bearing on the finished story. I think!

M. Dugdale