Lily Poole

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lily Poole

It's been almost a year since I started asking for pledges here. I've had a core group of supporters that have done more than their fair share. The one thing they have in common is they are all great writers. Better writers than me. I'm humbled by what they've done. I'll tell you a secret about crowdfunding. It doesn't work. Or it does work if you have 800 000 followers. For the rest of us, the only thing that works is asking directly for pledges (money). It's abrasive and goes against the grain. For the vast majority of those on ABCtales it's old news, history, to be ignored. I'm not saying Lily Poole is a great book. What I am saying is it's a page turner. From start to finish it doesn't let up. And it ends with a bang. You might think that sounds like something I might read.

I need around 20 more pledges. Getting a book published, even if it does die a death afterwards is still a big thing for someone with my working-class background and reverence for books. It's a luxury item, but if you can spare a few quid then pledge. Money from publication helps support ABCtales. There's no such thing as free. If not, well, I understand that too. Give it a little thought. This is the last time I'll ask. 

Pledge. http://unbound.co.uk/books/lily-poole

it will happen and it's exciting and a privilege to be a part of something special coming together. bands do the same with crowdfunding albums these days and it takes a long time too but it's the same, exciting to see develop and exciting to be able to be a part of something you believe in. did i say exciting? all the very best with the final push.