†hursday Morning, Ashland, Oregan, USA

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
†hursday Morning, Ashland, Oregan, USA

Dear All

I hope that everyone is ok and looking after each other.

The initial shock is subsiding here now and comprhension is now taking over.
Many people here in the USA feel that there has to be a quick closure to this. Should there be military action taken against an as yet unnamed enemy or should they now accept that they have to take their place in the world as a nation of peace. There is a feeling here that maybe that something terrible like this was going to happen sooner or later. That perhaps America had pushed the world too far.

The radio stations are agog with opinions.
One caller rang in as said ' If we hurt people like the US has, we will get hurt back double'.
Ther then followed a stream of calls that wer in total agreement.
There are not many calls for massive desruction which is surprising as an outsider. Perhaps that side of the American Psyhe was always a myth. They have huge hearts here.

This is a definining time for America and the world.
I believe that good will out in the end. It has to or where will we be.

Everyone do something to make yourself or those close to you feel good and warm today.

Hope to be home in London at the weekend.

Ralph Dartford

Bird_of_passage
Anonymous's picture
Glad you are ok ralph.When a momentous occasion happens,suddenly where you are becomes so important.It's heartening to hear a bit of news from inside th U.S-how ppls hearts are working overtime is such a positive thing to hear amongst the "news,news"-which flows inevitably from bad to unknown worst.I just got back from Berlin today.The Reichstag bears a black hanging that says "wir trauern"-our deepest sympathy.Ther were 5 minutes of silence at berlin-tegel airport.It feels as though every atom has got heavier.A stranger was crying.She told me her child was in L.A. and she cant get home.We ended up hugging.Shock gives birth to fear,fear to human solidarity.Tonight at 9 gmt there is a world wide meditation chain for world peace.candle?prayers?poems?pass it on. take care everyone..megan
AJ
Anonymous's picture
Hi Ralph, I hope that what you have said above comes true. Then maybe if a world peace was possible, maybe, just maybe the true martyrs would be those of peace and not the terrorists. What a wonderful ending to a despicable beginning. I wish you and all of your countrymen, hope, love and above all forgiveness. AJ
Topic locked