'Witch' by Narcissa
I just want to say I'am sorry. I read this piece and noticed it had been given an average rating of 1 star by 6 people. I thought this was cruel; and it angered me. Because I felt it was a good piece of writing and deserved to be cherrypicked and made poem of the day. And for the life of me I couldn't understand why it had been rated so low.
I mean it didn't deserve such a low rating as this. Anyway in my impulsive anger I did a silly thing. I ended up clicking on the 5 stars about ten times in a row to try and boost the ratings up, but it wouldn't budge beyond three stars. So I guessed the system realised I was trieng to do this and stopped me. Afterwards I realised this was the wrong thing to do, but it was too late cause I had acted impulsively.
I feel real guilty now for doing this; and just want to say to the author of this piece, I'am sorry. I thought it was a great piece; and to take heart and not pay too much attention to the ratings. Some people can be a bit hard on the trigger, I don't know why. Sometimes it would happen to me. This is one of the reasons why I have switched my ratings off. Cause sometimes it could really get to me, at the wrong moment.
Is easy for someone to sit there and click on a one star. Without explaining why; you've got the nice security of your screen to hide behind - but doing such a thing is petty and can hurt a writers confidence. I certainly didn't think that it deserved such a low rating.
Anyway Narcissa, much respect to you, was a good piece man. Very dark, but I like reading dark stuff. Not because I have a dark soul, but because it's part of the human condition, and if I am to be honest, it is a fascinating part of the human condition. The same fascination that makes you sit through a horror movie or read a horror novel.
This hatred towards this other woman in the piece was strong, and we don't get to know what the reason behind this hatred is, which for me makes it better; but we can guess that it's pretty serious because from what I could gather she was using her powers of magic to hurt her. And the way she was trieng to get her back, was really cold. This piece explores this emotion of hatred and leaves that bitter taste in your mouth afterwards. This is why I feel it was a good piece of writing, to make me feel like that after. It gave the whole vibe of malice and dark magic; and you described that very well, in so few words. A strong piece of writing.
Like the editor who commented on the piece says:
"Some of the phrases here are descriptively witchy. Certainly makes you feel it's all very believable. "
***
Again much respect to you. And the fact that the piece has been cherry picked and made poem of the day goes to show how good it was. Well done man (-:



