'Shattered' by knm

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Shattered' by knm

I just read this and found it really moving and powerful. I'd never really thought about how much an abortion could effect someone before, it really brought home the reality of the whole thing, made me think it did; was just so honest and real, and I felt the person must have had a lot of courage to write this:

Shattered

And the other piece I wanted to say I found really touching was the 'Carpet Man' by ady_boy. I found this to be something I could relate to but I'm not sure why, it just seemed to be about nothing, yet captivated me so much, a great piece of writing man:

'Carpet Man'

Liana
Anonymous's picture
Carpet Man is Story of the week, and has been up since Monday. Its wonderful...
freda
Anonymous's picture
Carpet Man for me was a great example of how something can work without having a deliberate meaning
Allen Banks
Anonymous's picture
Just read "Carpet Man" and, Freda's right -- it works without a deliberate or defined theme/meaning. I like how it manages to be personal yet still lets the reader remain active. It also makes me never want to take the bus again, which is not the point of the story, of course, but if you really take the time to observe other people, it can bring out some strange emotions.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
I was gobsmacked when I read 'Shattered' - that's why I cherry picked it! Also try knm's other piece Doris's Day to be found at: http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewstory.cgi?s=29161 I didn't cherry this one on first read but it stuck with me for a further 24 hours and I re-read it and couldn't believe I hadn't cherried it first time. The reason? I'd just read 'Shattered' and was still in a state of shock. Welcome to knm - a truly impressive new writer on ABC!
Topic locked