You may well ask!

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
You may well ask!

Indeed you may well ask what is going on! A question I am asking myself on an hourly basis.

I am now informed that we are in the hands of a back end server services migration which is under way as I write. This could take anything up to another three days but it should be quicker!

It's frustrating for all of us but matters are out of our hands. We sit and wait not very patiently but please be assured that we are doing all we can to speed the process and get the new all singing, all dancing site to you just as soon as possible.

The Chief Exec.

Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
Waiting for the new ABC is like waiting for a meal in a restaurant. If it arrives quickly is swept onto your table, you know a microwave is involved. You will be satisfied early but will not remember that food. However, if you perhaps grow a little impatient with the chef, the kitchen and the waiters, bear in mind that the food that will arrive will come to you at a moment when hunger is at its highest, when your need and gratitude is greatest. You will never forget those smells, that exquisite layer upon layer of taste that dances on your tongue and fills you full of inspiration. So we will buckle up our napkins and wait with bated knife and fork. Who wants to hear the ping of a microwave anyway? Slow-baked and sensuous is as good as it gets.....
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Trust Julia to be the epitome of patience, and solyrical as well! I'm a bit worried about this 'back end server' Tony, do we all have to submit?
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Only you George - it's a special treat for you! And thankyou dear Wolfie for your kind patience.
jude
Anonymous's picture
Tony, What's going on? j
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
We are all having to be patient - it's a roll on effect of the new site not being ready until two weeks beyond its due delivery date. We are in the lap of some techie gods and there's not a lot we can do except get very cross - which is not good for my blood pressure.
alison brown
Anonymous's picture
maybe if everyone pats their computer and tells them they love them, the techie god will smile on us all. maybe if we also let the computers stay up late and let them watch what ever they want to on tv that might help too.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Yes but don't let the techies stay up late and watch tv or we'll never get it done!
alison brown
Anonymous's picture
how about if we give them to many sweets then they will not need to sleep so they can keep doin stuff all night....
alison brown
Anonymous's picture
you would be amased at how much someone can do on a suger rush.
faithless
Anonymous's picture
well this is all very nice and "middle class". but i have a poetry event tonight and i am going straight from work, so i have been "forced" by your "migration" to read poems that i wrote on the back of my "passport renewal" application form. furshlinger computers. *only kidding*. ooh it's like christmas. without the horrible tensions.
jude
Anonymous's picture
Tony What's going on? j
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Faithless -
gouri
Anonymous's picture
Just waiting patiently to see your new look - ABCtales.com. patience ... patience ... patience .................. Tony Cook wrote: > It's frustrating for all of us but matters are out of our > hands. We sit and wait not very patiently but please be assured > that we are doing all we can to speed the process and get the > new all singing, all dancing site to you just as soon as > possible. > > The Chief Exec. wait and watch is the thought of the day. [%sig%]
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Well Jude, let me answer you another way. I've got flu, I'm meant to be heading down to the West Country tomorrow for a few days (whilst still keeping on top of all the stuff here), I'm giving up smoking, I'm in a great mood, big issue lists is going well, we are waiting on some really big news re:GetEthical and all in all it's just a teensy bit fraught - but what the hell! Just keeping on keeping on I guess is the answer.
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Pip, Pip. It'll all come out in the wash, as my granny used to say.
jude
Anonymous's picture
Tony Thanks for keeping me informed. Try nicorette gum, it does work pip pip j
stormy
Anonymous's picture
You breathe through your eyebrows? The trick with the patch is better. To look really cool you stuff one in your mouth then eject it out of your nose.
faithless
Anonymous's picture
thanks liana. i went last night, and read a whole bunch of quite angry, political and weird stuff. and it went down a treat. i even managed to throw in the most hated/contraversial/rude word in the world and got away with it. now i have a hangover. hurrah.
stuart
Anonymous's picture
What? You said 'Arsene' in front of all those people? Wow.
faithless
Anonymous's picture
hah. stuart i like the cut of your jib (gib) . . no i said the c word. (plural) to rhyme with months. end of poem about the facile whinging that passes for political debate. " I'll recall your sour din when the next lot get in because within six months you'll be calling them ........" but yes ar*ene is another hateful bitter word that causes people to wince and feel dirty. what a foul karma that man must have. nobody got murdered he said with some weird inverted pride. if the television cameras hadn't been there everything would be alright. he blamed the press for talking about it. he blamed the football association for trying to recover some element of grace and dignity for the game. i nearly said S***sh..but i have been banned from that particular idiomatic sweetmeat. xxx
stuart
Anonymous's picture
I love that word. That word is my favourite word in the world. Now I'm not one for poetry but I can rhyme like Chuck. But shouldn't that be "because within six months you'll be calling them cunths" ?
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
picky picky picky
Goat biscuit Jnr
Anonymous's picture
We had to wait 12 billion years for the internet to appear in the universe, surely we can wait a few more months for an upgrade to the ABCtales site?
Quote Man
Anonymous's picture
"Serene I fold my hands and wait Nor care for wind, nor tide, nor sea I rave no more 'gainst tide or fate For lo, my own shall come to me." John Burroughs 1862
Topic locked