How many words does it take.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How many words does it take.

Today's news...Brought to you by Great Britain...

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Princess Anne, Britain's Princess Royal and daughter of the queen, was involved in an "air proximity incident" as she flew from England to Scotland on Thursday, air authorities said.

A spokesman for the National Air Traffic Services (NATS) said her plane suffered "a loss of separation" over Morecambe Bay, northern England

So, while I'm glad nobody was hurt, the question as to be asked....

How many friggn' words does it take to describe "too close, could've died?"

I suppose if the planes had collided, we'd be hearing it called "zero aeronautical separation effect, resulting in insufficient aerodynamic characteristics, altered trajectories and gravitationally induced ground manipulations, followed by massive response teams of long winded reporters."

richardw
Anonymous's picture
I would have thought a "loss of separation" would be a good thing, if we are talking about your actual common-or-garden airplane. If Plato had defined a Form for "aeroplane-ness", it would surely be mutually exclusive to "separation". I've been known to indulge in "ground manipulations", is there a Ministry of Information leaflet I can get about it anywhere? rick x
Topic locked