Favourite Words.

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Favourite Words.

Onomatapoeic. (There are at least 5 different spellings for this word.) But I love the sound of 'rush'.

John
Anonymous's picture
a rough endoplasmic rectum? no no! That makes no sense..
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
fiddle-faddle
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Archer...you have a fixation on lower extremities, you know that don't you? God only knows what types of devices you keep in the bedside drawer!
Maxwell Eddison
Anonymous's picture
a wampantly wogering wabbit.
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
Ahhh, Mile High, vee all have our zeecrets...
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Jubbly Kushty plonker wally larf
megan
Anonymous's picture
smeg !!!
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
perambulator
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
succinct litigious desire
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
plump
Bint
Anonymous's picture
toffee
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
narcissistic spooge
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Spatula effervescent? crumbly Eskimo
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
titration
Dan
Anonymous's picture
piratical
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
Flash, the natives of the Arctic circle would be insulted; it's not 'Eskimo', but an even better word, "Inuit".
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
i knew it.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
What have i done now? Does your husband know you flirt with strange men on the internet?
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
My 'husband', dearie, is a good friend of mine; and between discussions of just how we'll manage the finances once we both start dating other people, he's more than supportive of my 'flirting' on the internet, having been 'guilty' of doing the same thing... Why, would you like me to flirt with you more, too? *flutters eyelashes* Don't presume, please, to know how other people operate in their personal lives. It ain't always black n' white, tho' it may comfort you to believe thus...
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
I not so sure about the 'strange' Flash, more... unusual... er I'm beginning to regret this post already.
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
Actually I loved "When You're Strange" by the Doors so, maybe, just maybe... nah.
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
"Eskimo" means "eaters of raw meat" in Algonquin. It's not an Inuit word. 'Inuit' is the Inuit name for themselves, meaning "real people".
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
Reminds me of that powerful seen where the granny goes off to die becuse she's lost her teeth!
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
It's a little bit mythologised, but many cultures have much more awareness of their own place in the scheme of life, and the balance of life and death. We're terrified of it all and fight it to the end.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
I can't remember the last time i was called dearie, if ever. Irene Handel used to say it quite a lot in the fifties and sixties if i remember correctly in films and sitcoms. Why do women get so tetchy when flirting is jokingly mentioned? Ok 'unusual,' is a better choice than strange. I thought you we're flirting with Mykle not me. But by all means carry on as you please. I wish i'd kept quiet now.
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
Sagittarians are known for putting their foot in it, Flashie. And we're good at flirting. It's the real intimacy we seem to have problems with...
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
They're not bad at backdoor apologies either Ag.
ely whitley
Anonymous's picture
I hate to lower the tone but mine's still 'Bastard'.
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
I do have to admit that librans are very good at intimacy...
jude
Anonymous's picture
funk spleen sludge Glockenspiel
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
We crabs are but it takes quite a while to build up enough trust where as Librans can do it almost immediately.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
You're sooooooooo bloody right about the intimacy thing AG. Oh and the putting the foot in it thingy. What other traits do we have in common i wonder?
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Oh and its Flashy not Flashie if you don't mind...ArchieGirl.
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
Ah, a little more flirting and we shall find out ...;-) I like the _idea_ of intimacy, but it doesn't take a psychologist for me to understand why I enjoy 'talking' on online forums, or why the majority of my friends live in far-flung parts of the world, instead of next door... Free-spirited rolling stone, that's me... *sigh*
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
Not Keith Richards I hope...
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
He and I share a birthday, December 18. Along with Brad Pitt, Steven Spielberg, and Christina Aguilera. Mad geniuses and slutty tarts, we are.
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
Elle, a character in 'Kill Bill' suggested gargantuan... but then she would.
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
Hope you don't look like him too ;o) Sleep well!
emily yaffle
Anonymous's picture
Yes, why is Glockenspiel so much nicer to say than Xylophone? And is Glockenspiel perhaps the only delicious euphonious German word? I'm very fond at the moment of "Growlery" meaning a place where a person goes to be annoyed. Oh, and Isabelline, meaning a greyish yellow colour, because of the derivation.
jude
Anonymous's picture
peduncle splotch
hitchayekoo
Anonymous's picture
Popocatepetl. Sussurus. Smeg.
funky
Anonymous's picture
euphony euphoric flamenco dolphin iona
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Smeg! bleurgh
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
After a particularly rough night, I suspect I do rather resemble him..., at least hair-wise... :-P
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
I think Smillieboy made a good point Ag. I have tried, without success, to steer off topic conversations on to my thread. A general chatting thread (or two) would be a good idea - a thread to discuss life in general.
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
See your other thread..
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
Grand is a good word. That would be grand! Sadly, nowadays it's usually that will be a grand.
mender
Anonymous's picture
'champion' and 'bugger' as in ee bah gum that's right champion that is yer daft bugger... I love it when people say this kind of thing.
emily yaffle
Anonymous's picture
I've a fondness for sycamore - I think the most pleasing to the ear song lyric is "Birds singing in the sycamore tree, dream a little dream of me" - there are better songs and better lyrics, but that particular one just has a lovely collection of euphonious, resonant words.
Dan
Anonymous's picture
I really really like German, Japanese, and Russian words, they just feel nice in my mouth - even when I have no idea what they mean. On a different tack, this amused me:

Pages

Topic locked