Favourite Words.

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Bog, which with an accent over the 'o' and a slightly different pronunciation, means God in Polish. I especially like the phrase 'bog standard.' Timbuktu Bengal Armageadon
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Welsh names are lovely - Anneharrad Garlik, just delicious. Although, I've just been to see a midwife called Myfannwae. Nearly made me laugh dangerously hard.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
This has been done before I believe, and as before, my favourite word is still 'truculent', though 'YES!' shouted at certain critical moments holds a fascination for me.
smillieboy
Anonymous's picture
Globe Plump Rascal Plinth Splodgenessabounds
Emma
Anonymous's picture
sepulchral is still one of my favourites... Andrew - that's a classic for barbershoppers...shall I mail it to you?!! *imagines Andrew hand clasped over head in agony at the thought* Rachel!! Hello...how's that baby feeling??? Credwyn creases me up as a Welsh name...and the story of Credwyn is great...from the (also lovely word) Mabinogian.
megan
Anonymous's picture
rump
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
poiesis
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Guacamole
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
Mile High: I really like the original Aztec word for the lovely green fruit used in the lovely green guacamole: aguacatl I too, love the word 'timbuktu'. But my very very fave: Zanzibar. It just smells exotic.
Smiley
Anonymous's picture
I too like megan's.. err word.
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
I like the word: frenulum *grin*
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Ali Farka would be proud!
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Aqua-dextrious....The ability to turn the faucets in the bath tub with your feet.
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
Oooh! I can throw rocks with my feet, as well! And pinch, quite hard. Deadly weapons, my toes...
John
Anonymous's picture
reticulum
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Spatula Ohhh...how about a reticulated spatula?
archergirl
Anonymous's picture
How about an articulated rectum? *ouch!*

Pages

Topic locked