Fads And Fashions.

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fads And Fashions.

When did carrying a bottle of Evian switch from necessity to fashion accessory? I just walked passed an office block where a group of women workers (I was going to say secretaries but then my feminist leanings leant on me: with a cudgel) were obviously off for their lunch break. Half of them were carrying bottles of water. I thought 'feckin' 'ell it must be a bloody long way to the sandwich bar.'

The worst I ever saw was the poncho. WHO on Earth?? There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

And what about capes?! Are we all feckin' superheroes all of a sudden???? ~PEPS~ [ insert pithy and poignant quote ]

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

Fake Burberry Chav Caps?
! ~PEPS~ [ insert pithy and poignant quote ]

*quickly stuffs above-mentioned fashion accessories behind the sofa*
Leg warmers, ugg boots, mums in 4x4s dropping babies off at day nurseries, Robbie Williams, new new wave or is nu new wave? The amount of people I have heard say, "babes" since big bro makes me wanna PUKE! And anything else hysterical and dim like that. Women too. How long's all that going to last? There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

I personally can't stand this lasting trend of hip-hugging jeans for women, as most women really oughtn't to wear them, myself included.
Fools. Capes and legwarmers are both practical items. As are earmuffs. I sometimes wear all three. At once. Span
f l e e c e s
I do however depise the whale tail and the tramp stamp.
http://www.koopress.co.uk/speaking.htm Give it up ArcherJek, *everyone* (apart from your stoolpigeon) knows you are the same person, despite your strenous efforts to fool people.

I'll agree with mums in 4x4s. Basically, anyone in 4x4s except farmers and rescue workers. Cars as fashion accessories generally.
Carrying a mobile wherever you go is a strange one. Firstly you are microwaving your brain and fast-tracking your brain tumours or if it's in your trouser pocket hastening the onset of gonad cancer. Secondly, why does everyone want to be in reach all the time. When I'm out and about I maintain total radio silence. As for texting, what hater of humankind dreamt that one up!
What in the name of Anubis and Thoth and the entire pantheon of Ancient Egypt are "the whale tail and the tramp stamp"...?! (I like texting... it's fun!... I'd feel naked without my mobie...) ~PEPS~ [ insert pithy and poignant quote ]

The whale tail is the back bit of a chav girls thong you can see on display. The tramp stamp is the tattoo you can see on the lower back usually perfectly inline with the whale tail. http://evajoel2002.free.fr/VPL/Katie%20Price/katy_price__jordan_.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_back_tattoo http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/citations/whale_tail_1/
Now that you mention it, I have heard of the whale tail. Thank you for clarifying for me, Span! ;-) ~PEPS~ You can’t finish a man till he’s finished his Texan Bar

Alas for you, Stormy, that your arrogance is matched only by your ignorance. Squawk all you want; you're *still* wrong. The more you insist you 'know', the stupider you look, but, by all means, continue along your merry path.
In Simon Price's words, 'eye-hiding MySpace haircuts'. ~ I'll Show You Tyrants * Fuselit * The Prowl Log * Woe's Woe
I agree Bruce IT'S JUST-A-PHONE! lol...I hate phones. There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

Those big honking three wheeled spaceprams from mama's and papa's. It's a good idea at the time (had one myself) but they're so heavy and fussy that we sold it within two months. I came to the decision after finding myself sitting in the back yard repairing a puncture on a fookin PRAM! Lol. There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

Obsessions with trolls and sock puppets, and who is and isn't one, and why.
Finally, someone who understands...
That said, I do have the strangest feeling that Alan = Bruce... :-! ~PEPS~ You can’t finish a man till he’s finished his Texan Bar

Ha Ha.... no, just me! (though how do I prove it?!) Not sure about understanding, AG... I just think there ought to be a separate forum for anyone who wants to engage in that type of discussion, rather than turn every other discussion into one. May not work, though. May end up as a discussion between fifty different 'names', but only about 4 people! :-o
"That said, I do have the strangest feeling that Alan = Bruce..." I was wondering that myself, but apparently we are not the same person. Well not according to Alan's post above. And he should know. Shouldn't he?
Careful, Bruce and Alan: the trolling watchdogs are out and only accept multiple names and identities if *they're* doing it. Even if you *are* separate entities, they'll hound you until they 'prove' that you two are one. And I agree with your assessment of the constant troll-hunting through the threads. It just gets a little bit old, especially being on the butt-end of it... why not let it be, I ask?
Yeah, Alan that "ha ha" had a hollow ring to it. I reckon old pepsoid might be onto something.
So far I've managed to evade the Troll Hunters... which, quite frankly, I find a little offensive. ~PEPS~ You can’t finish a man till he’s finished his Texan Bar

Oh, and less of the "old," Bruce my lad!! ~PEPS~ You can’t finish a man till he’s finished his Texan Bar

I'm gettting paranoid now, Alan. Sorry... Bruce.
Google ads: Fashions Jackets Coats Hot Water Bottles Baby Bottles I have that bad facial hair...but then again I am a pirate There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

I am a pirate pirate I am a pirate There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

I'm a pirate There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

Dennett

cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese (pirate) ~PEPS~ You can’t finish a man till he’s finished his Texan Bar

Topic locked