What's the worst thing you've ever done?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
What's the worst thing you've ever done?

Or if you prefer, what's the best thing you've ever done?

The worst thing: get married. The best thing: hasn't happened yet, but I suspect it'll be signing the divorce papers. Happy Christmas.
The worst thing? Well it did eventually to the best things, my Girls, so i can hardly complain. I guess that I am just so lucky all round. Hope things get better for you in 2007, AG.
Worst thing? Marry in haste... which led to the predictable wreckage and a lot of heartache all 'round. Best thing? Go to university.
The best thing: hasn't happened yet A strange comment from a mother - reminds me of my own self-obsessed Ma.
Here is the worst thing I've done today: There was a guy named dr heckle Who fancied himself intellectual So he carried textbooks And affected grave looks But his efforts soon proved ineffectual If I am mistaken and dr heckle is a she, you may just change the pronouns to reflect that state of affairs. and don't worry about the rhymes, I have a poetic license There is more of beauty in a moment's silence than in all the works of tongue or pen...
You know what, Dr. Heckle: I don't feel obliged to fall into the cliche of 'Oh, my children are the best thing to happen to me', because frankly, there are lots of experiences that come above the travails of having children. If you knew me *at all* you'd realise I'm not a self-absorbed mother (I had one of those, too, you're not alone). But my kids are not the be-all and end-all of my life. I had a life before them; I will have a different one after they leave home. So fuck off with your misplaced condescension and Happy Christmas.
"... fuck off... and Happy Christmas." ... AG, I think you've just solved my... What-Shall-I-Write-On-Those-Christmas-Cards-to-People-I-Don't-Really-Want-to-Give-Christmas-Cards-to?... issue! :-) {{{_"P"_}}} ... What is "The Art of Tea"? ... (www.pepsoid.wordpress.com - latest... Can We Ever Really Know the Truth About Anything?)
I wouldn't waste your stamps! :-)
archergirl, I think your attitude towards your children is very refreshing. Though I don't have any myself, I like to think that children are human beings who are temporarily under the care of their parents, and not just prized possessions to be doted on. There is more of beauty in a moment's silence than in all the works of tongue or pen...
Like Frank Sinatra, I've had a few regrets, but, then again, too few to mention ... any major mistakes I've made I've been able to wriggle away from relatively unscathed. It'll be lovely having all three kids here on Boxing day - they're all doing well in life in respective ways - but I'm glad they've all moved out and living their own lives, working or studying.
The worst thing? Is anyone actually writing *the* worst thing? The worst thing I've ever done happened when I was younger than six and only one single soul knows of it. Ha Ha! It wasn't getting married!
"The worst thing? Is anyone actually writing *the* worst thing?" I meant the worst thing in terms of the emotional fallout and the impact it had on other people - with the guilty feelings that brought. And yeah... honestly, I think it was the worst thing. I've been a pretty good boy otherwise. Unless you count scrumping apples and nicking some change my older brother left lying around when I was a kid.
I can't think of a worst thing, which either means I'm quite a nice chap or totally oblivious to the misery I cause. The best thing? I'm pretty sure I bowled 180+ once. That was fucking sweet.
I once shouted "Movie" in a crowded fire house. Visit me http://www.radiodenver.org/

Share your state secrets at...
http://www.amerileaks.org

There's definitely a scale of 'worst'. I picked on my brother when we were little - threatening to throw objects at him to get him out our (shared) room. Feel dreadful about this, even though I'm sure he made up for it to some extent during our teens. Also feel bad about disappearing after my gran's death, physically and emotionally, and not being there to support my grieving mother. What else? Possibly the worst thing - calling a girl at my school, who came from a very poor background (openly alcoholic single mother, no money and virtually no food) and had a speech impediment, 'nitbag' (along with other pint-sized bullies) when I was 5 or 6 years old. I want to type out her name here in an effort to find her and apologise (repent), and would if it wasn't unethical. But I doubt she is alive. Oh well, I was seriously bullied from 11-14 years of age, so I suppose I got some kind of karmic comeuppance. Re. comments in those posts above - children are people, and they can be total shits, almost as much as adults can (but with less knowledge/self awareness.. there I go, trying to excuse myself). The best things? A Christmas period spent helping 'Crisis', the homeless charity, in one of their shelters. Having my daughter (despite the contradictions aforementioned). Can't think of much else.
Killed a cat. Robbed a neighbour. Stole from a church.
'I wouldn't waste your stamps! :-)' I doubt he'd use stamps because they're probably all people he works with :) I agree with x-man. Women who harp-on about kids being the best thing that ever happened to them have poor memory and a big pair of rosy glasses. Best thing: learned to play the geetar worst thing: leave the womb There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

"worst thing: leave the womb" I don't remember that in detail, but I have the vague feeling that that was my worst thing as well. But there wasn't really much choice. It was more like being evicted. There is more of beauty in a moment's silence than in all the works of tongue or pen...
I came from a similar background as that of the person Galfreda bullied. Kids are kids, they can't help it, though I'm glad it troubles your consience to this day. It would mean your kids, if you have any, would be less likely to do so. My own background however, being of the fiery sort, didn't result in bullying. I did however go on to do too many really bad things to find any sort of number one spot. Dunno the best thing, have kids, love them to bits, stressing at times but a massive joy at others. I also try to put something back where I took so much, so maybe my the best thing I've done is something I haven't even realised my responsibility for, which would make it all the better. nobody
I have to make clear (for my self, not so much for you nobody) that I didn't persistently bully CB (the girl I mentioned). I called her nitbag in the playground once. Soon after, as she lived nearby, I went to her house with a friend, and we witnessed the squalor she lived in (how else did you think I knew?) and never did it again. That one moment of bullying is enough to haunt me. I don't think I invited anyone to be "glad" about what troubles my conscience when I joined in with this thread. I'd have been shy of posting that if I'd suspected that people would become (however politely) retaliatory or arm themselves with their shiny righteous stick. Anyway, nobody, I hope it made you feel better about yourself.
Galfreda, I think you realy misunderstood what I meant, I did say children do these things, hence you shouldn't feel guilt, but your experience of it would make you less likely to be tolerant of your own children participating in such an act. I'm realy sorry you took it as some sort of judgement on my behalf, it wasn't intended to be. Maybe I should have said, it's a good thing that you realised what you'd done was wrong and that you didn't just forget the incident. To think I would try and take some kind of moral high ground on a bit of name calling is ridiculous and would indicate you know not one jot about me. Even more laughable if you imagined it made me feel better about myself. Sorry if I caused offence. nobody
Thanks nobody. I understand what you meant now. And you're right that I'm intolerant of bullying wherever I see/find it, for many reasons (that being a key one). I don't really know anything about you (am not very au fait with who's who here), but you sound quite nice really. Anyway, let's all have a merry Christmas!
Topic locked