"The Gun Seller" by Hugh Laurie

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
"The Gun Seller" by Hugh Laurie

"House" writes a book. Personally, I loved it. Well paced, with just the right amount of humor. Anyone else enjoy it? or read it for that matter?

Phil_harvey
Anonymous's picture
"House" was much more before he was House. I read this book ages ago and Loved it. Hugh Laurie is a favorite performer of mine. His comedy, writing and 'House' too. Even though the americans in it can be a little irritating.
Well, that's why is't called "House" and not "Random Americans". Personally, I loved his older stuff. Blackadder was absolutely hilarious with him. And don't get me started on House. His American accent is great, by the way. The only time he slips up is with long words. He said in an interview that his biggest problem is "electrocardiogram".
Phil_harvey
Anonymous's picture
have you seen his 'trumpet' stuff? When he is doing the piano with his hands and the trumpet with his mouth. Without an actual trumpet.
Regretfully, no. That sounds amazing. This deems further investigation... I have been attempting to track down "Jeeves and Wooster" as of recently. No luck though.
Phil_harvey
Anonymous's picture
I watched Jeeves and Wooster on tv when I was younger. It was great. The kind of thing I have such happy memories of now that I dare not watch it again. Do you know if he has written anything else?
Supposedly, he has a second book out already, but I've yet to see it in any American bookstores and haven't even heard the name of it. Things may be different "across the pond". He released "The Gun Seller" there before anywhere else; might be the same case now.
Phil_harvey
Anonymous's picture
ah, ok. Ill have a look. The gunseller is really old here. Like ten years or something. (i could be very wrong there)
Here in the US, it's more recent. About half the time.(Whatever it may be.) The TV show actually promted him to release it in the US. Exposure I guess.
Phil_harvey
Anonymous's picture
ah, I see. That would make sense. hmm. I hope he does more comedy post house
I can't watch House without thinking about that old Fry and Laurie sketch where they used to lampoon macho American TV dramas.

My friends think I'm crazy. We'll be watching it and all of a sudden I'll start laughing like a maniac. They have no clue why. Once you see his comedy, it gets stuck in your head.
Topic locked