Calling All Techno Boffins.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Calling All Techno Boffins.

I recently bought a DVD recorder and find it a real hassle that I can't watch a bit of a film, stop it, go for a walk and come back and pick up where I left off. This is not (among many other things) an improvement on the VCR system which for ease of use beats the DVD system into a cocked hat. Woss a cocked hat when it's at home? Is there a DVD recorder out there that one can pick up from where one has left off?

As it happens, mine has a half watched film in it at the moment (Aliens, which I was watching on Tuesday but went to bed before the end). I just pressed play and it does indeed immediately start back up where I left it.

My new Sony Blu-Ray player picks up exactly where I left off, even if its a day later. Magic. And you can properly rewind or fast forward not chapter by chapter like my old DVD player. I love it!
Thanks. I did think that paying £89.73 for a DVD recorder from Argos was not the smartest thing I've ever done.

Sorry, didn't mean to crow. My one before this was a £29.99 one from Asda. And it showed.
If thing mine was about £60. All I did was ask for the cheapest multiregion/HDMI one the had.

Topic locked