Spilling Ink Review

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spilling Ink Review

http://spillinginkreview.com/issue-8/alison-wassell/
Here's something I got published in Spilling Ink Review. It got an Honourable Mention in their last Flash Fiction competition. They have regular competitions for short stories and other stuff. Worth a look.

Congratulations, Alison. I'm starting to see how flash fiction can help hone in on a scenario.

Really enjoyed your piece, Alison! Excellently written. Well done. Steve.
Thanks Richard and Steve. Richard, flash fiction is brilliant - you can take the best bit of your short stories, get rid of all the dross, and kind of cut to the chase. And a restricted word count really makes you think about the words you use. It's my aim to be able to write 100 word stories. Not there yet!

Alison---this is very good. It makes you go back to it for reference value as to how a short snappy and interesting story should be like. Richard LP
Richard L. Provencher
Thank you Stan and Richard. No Stan, it was never posted on here. Just thought of it, wrote it, entered it, got honourably mentioned. But really wish I'd won, 'cause it was a good cash prize. But maybe next time! And they have judges who are writers that I've actually heard of.

Excellent story. I'm really getting into reading flash fiction at the moment as well as trying to write it and this is a great example of how effective it can be. Congratulations on being honourably mentioned.
Thanks Alex

WAYYHEYYYY. Good for you alibob. Congratulations.

Topic locked