History of a Know-All by Joanne Fowdy

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
History of a Know-All by Joanne Fowdy

I just have to comment on this poem by Joanne (published in last month's ABCtales magazine). Excellent poem. She keeps the thread all the way through. And the rhythm flowed when reading it, which is more than can be said for a lot of poetry nowadays. (Poems that don't rhyme are a bit of a cop-out, and nigh on impossible to read comfortably).

However, Joanne's cracked it and I was really impressed when I found out that she is only 13 years-old!

A superb talent. Keep it up, Joanne, we'll see you publishing a book of children's poems before too long, I'm sure.

Liana
Anonymous's picture
<> Oh, come on Karl! Why a cop out? Rhyming and non rhyming are two totally different things....neither is a "cop out". Personally, I prefer non-rhyme, because I feel that rhymed work 9 times out of 10 clunks, and for me, that interrupts the flow. To me, and its different for everyone, poetry is about the mastery of words. To be able to set a scene in as simple manner as possible, without "over wordiness" Perhaps we should start a new thread - "What defines poetry for me"?
IFB
Anonymous's picture
*scandalised*
Topic locked